A Funny Made-up Thanksgiving Story

A Funny Made-up Thanksgiving Story

"You know that there are two definitions of turkey!"

22
https://www.maxpixel.net/Traditional-Holiday-Thanksgiving-Turkey-Dinner-1801986

Pamela receives a text from her husband, Jerry. The text says, "Honey, I am going to get us a turkey tonight!" She feels surprised that her husband is planning to get a turkey two days before Thanksgiving. She is usually the one that gets the turkey from the store. She replies to her husband by texting, "That's so kind of you, sweetie! I wish you the best of luck and get us a good turkey tonight!" She presses the button to darken her cell phone screen.

Her daughter Tamela walks to the table with a towel wrapped around her neck. "Was that Dad on the phone just now?"

"Yes," says Pamela. "I am so happy right now because he is volunteering to get us a turkey tonight."

"That's so awesome! At least you get a break this year!"

"Yep! No long lines. No tugging for the turkey. No trying to get the turkey before everyone else. No making sure getting back before the day ends."

"Want to do something before dad comes back?"

"Sure. What do you want to do?"

Tamela takes out her cell phone from her pocket. "I have fun bowling videos that we can watch on YouTube."

"Sure. As long as they are amusing!"

They go to the couch and Tamela connects her phone to Pamela's Apple TV. Tamela types in the YouTube search engine for the video and the video appears on the Apple TV. They laugh during the first video because a guy throws the bowling ball so hard that he slipped to the floor. Another video shows that a guy dresses up like a turkey. He throws his bowling ball hard to the ceiling that he accidentally causes a power out. The third video shows that a guy gets three strikes in for each frame. Whenever the speaker says turkey, he goes, "Gobble! Gobble!" All his friends laugh at him as they watch him play around. Tamela and Pamela laugh a lot as they watch the funny videos.

After the video ends, Pamela receives a text from Jerry, saying that he is on the way home. Pamela cannot wait to see the turkey and how well her husband did in choosing a turkey. When Jerry arrives at the door, Pamela opens the door for him while Tamela goes to the bathroom. Jerry exclaims, "Honey, I was able to get a turkey tonight!"

"Congratulations!" Pamela exclaims back. She sees that her husband has nothing in his hands. "But, where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"The turkey! Remember?"

"Oh! You're talking about that turkey!"

"Yes! What about it?"

"Pamela, what I meant by turkey was the bowling game, not the animal itself."

Pamela is silent. She turns her back on him and walks slowly to the couch. "All this time, you were bowling!" she exclaims. "You know that there are two definitions of turkey!"

"I am sorry, honey. The guys and I just wanted to hang out before the holiday starts."

"Honey! I thought that I was taking a break this year!"

"I did not know that you wanted a break! Usually, you are the one that volunteers to get the turkey at the supermarket! You should have texted me and then, I will get the turkey from the supermarket when I go home!"

"Well, you should have told me specifically that you were going to the bowling center instead of the supermarket!"

Tamela walks to her parents. "Hey, Dad. Did you get the turkey?"

Jerry answers her question by saying, "The food, no, but the bowling game, yes."

"Oh," she says with a shocked look on her face. "Well, I guess that you have some shopping to do tonight, Mom."

"Oh, boy. I have to go through all the long lines. I have to tug for the turkey. I have to try to get the turkey before everyone else. I have to make sure that I get back before the day ends."

"How about this, Mom? Why don't we all go? Dad and I have never seen how buying a turkey is like at the supermarket."

"That sounds like a good idea, sweetheart," says Jerry. "Pamela, dear, have us go with you. That way, we can help you go through the long lines. We can help you tug the turkey. We can help you get the turkey before everyone else did. We can help you get back before the day ends."

"Well, that sounds awesome and considerate of you both. Well, why not? Let's go out for a drive tonight."

Jerry and Tamela both exclaim, "All right!"

Getting the turkey in the supermarket turns out to be a success. They can go through the long lines, tug the turkey, get the turkey before everyone else did, and get back before the day ends.

Pamela says, "I know that it is early to say, but I am thankful for you two coming to help me shop for the turkey."

"You're very welcome, Mom."

"Indeed, honey. At least we get two turkeys tonight. One from the supermarket and one from the bowling center."

The family laughs after Jerry says that and they joyfully arrive home with their two turkeys.