10 Things To Do This Summer When You're Bored

A list of things to do when you find yourself bored this summer.
194

Everyone finds themselves bored by the second week of summer vacation, or I know I do. Here is a list of fun ways to keep yourself busy and away from your computer screen...at least for a little bit!

1. Visit a local art museum

Most art museums have free entry and also offer lots of activities to do while perusing through the halls of art. Going to an art museum is also a great way to de-stress and learn outside of a classroom setting. Plus, who doesn’t love art?

2. Drive around aimlessly

This one is only relevant if you have gas to spare, but it’s an awesome way to discover new places! You could also make it into a game. Take a friend along with you and have them give you a number of turns, and wherever you end up is where you’ll spend your day!

3. Make a summer playlist

You can’t listen to the same music all year round, grab your phone and jam to some summer vibes! This is a great way to be exposed to new music. If you find yourself too lazy to make your own, Spotify Music already has pre-made playlists. Look up “Summer Vibes” and you’ll be jamming in no time!

4. Spend some time at your local library

Personally, I prefer physical copies to e-books. Going to the library is a great way to branch out and meet new people, as the library is a very public place. You could even bond over books, what could sound better?

5. Catch some rays at a pool near you

Basic, I know, but it’s a traditional summer activity that can’t be beaten, especially here in the south where the heat is unbearable most days. Round up a couple of your friends and drive to the local pool! Not only is it a good bonding activity, but it's also great exercise!

6. Plan a weekend with your friends

Whether you just stay at each other's houses the entire weekend or pick a new spot every day, it’s bound to be loads of fun. During the summer you can become a bit lonely, so meeting up with your friends every now and then is key to staying in touch. To make the weekend even better, everyone can bring a movie and have a movie marathon!

7. Go glamping with some friends

Not everyone is made out for the camping lifestyle, so glamping is my preferred choice. Glamping is basically like staying in a hotel but being outside at the same time. Coming from a person who does not enjoy camping whatsoever, this is the better option for those like me.

8. Start tracking your dreams with a dream journal

This is a great way to keep track of your dreams, and maybe even figure out what they mean! All you need is to get a regular journal and write in it like you would a diary soon after you wake up. There are many websites that you can use to figure out possible meanings, too.

9. Buy random but totally necessary things at a flea market

Flea markets are basically outdoor thrift stores with lots of individual sellers. You can literally find ANYTHING at a flea market. Don’t believe me? Go find out for yourself!

10. Pick some wild-flowers!

Not only is this great self-care, but flowers are insanely pretty. They are an immediate pick-me-up and can help to improve your mood. Of course, it would be helpful to have a garden in your backyard but if you don't, you can find flowers just about anywhere during the summer months.