7 Fun Ways To Spend Time When You’re Home For The Holidays

7 Fun Ways To Spend Your Time When You’re Home For The Holidays

I know we're all ready to be home for Christmas!

312

Among the hustle and bustle of midterms and making travel plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas, making plans for what to do once you finally get home can slip your mind! So here's a few fun and COVID-safe ideas for things to do when you're home for the holidays!

Ice skating

Indoors or outdoors, it's always a fun winter tradition to go skating around Christmas time!

Pumpkin picking

Halloween may be over, but you can still pick out a good pumpkin to turn into a pie for Thanksgiving! Or find some fun decorative pumpkin to keep your place festive for the rest of fall!

Baking

Whether it's baking Christmas cookies, challah, or pumpkin pie, baking is a great way to spend time inside where it's nice and toasty warm!

Decorating for Christmas

Setting up lights, garlands and decorating a Christmas tree is such a fun way to spend time with your family and loved ones over the end of Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas break!

Look at Christmas lights

Where I grew up, there were always a couple of square blocks where the houses went full-out every year decorating for Christmas, and one of my favorite holiday pastimes is walking around the blocks to enjoy the lights, decorations, and displays.

Build a snowman

If you live somewhere it snows, then building a snowman is a hallmark of the holiday season!

Christmas movie marathon

From "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," to "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," to "The Nightmare Before Christmas," there are tons of fantastic classic holiday movies to watch when you're home! So set aside a day to kick back, relax, and watch all of your favorite holiday classics while sipping on some hot cocoa!