From College Dropout To University Student

Everything that I have been complaining about and struggling to make my way in this world finally payed off

6
cremeglace / Flickr

This is such an amazing opportunity and I want to share it with you

I am so excited to announce that I am finally a university student! I really never thought this day would come, after two long years of struggling to find what I really wanted to do in life. It has been the ultimate struggle trying to find what I had to do in life and what everyone was wanting to do.

One thing is for sure: I never thought I would get here. After dropping out of school after a depressing semester of not knowing what the heck I was doing, I felt my life wasn't going anywhere exciting. I had become someone who didn't want to be seen or heard, yet I begged for that life again where everyone else was asking you questions that seemed normal and familiar. I had struggled to find a reason not to be upset at myself or get angry at the fact that I had singularly messed my life up. It was a series of mistakes that led me here. Those mistakes make up my life as it is currently.

In all seriousness, I wanted to say that getting to the point where you don't know why you exist on this Earth can be a tough question to answer. I constantly dug at the questions but I wanted to know the answers. I had been given a choice, go to work or sit in your room all day crying. I chose the first one. It had been a great help to me and eventually I found my way back to my boyfriend, who came into my life in a time where I needed him most. He let me cry on his shoulder and listened to my problems about school and the hard time I had with it.

I gave into my mistakes and took a year off of school. That was a really hard time of trying to forget. I let myself go a few times and it took a toll on my body as well as my mind. A student should be focused and concerned with everything they do. My mind was wondering what I was going to get myself into in the coming months. trying to be happy was one of those things that led me to being happier about taking some time to get away from the hectic school life that I was unprepared for.

It was January 2016 and I had enrolled in community college because I decided school was going to give me the break I needed to get back to my old life. I had taken a few classes, failed one, and I was thrown back into reality. That was a difficult time to adjust and spend time working and schooling. I learned a lot in that first year of community college. I learned that spending time with myself instead of other people forced me to understand discipline. No longer was I someone who disagreed with her life. I was finally having a routine I could handle.

Now it is end of my spring semester 2017 and I am feeling not too confident. I hadn't felt that I deserved to get accepted to my dream schools. Those discouraging thoughts were from a long line of thoughts that had led me down a steep slope. Just a few days ago though, I open my email to find I actually got in! Now would you look at that? my feelings of surprise and shock had overwhelmed my senses. I had to call my boyfriend first, since he already goes to that school. Tears had filled my eyes as I had no choice but to cry. I had really done it. After comparing GPA's and struggling with classes and doubt, my life was finally turning back around and I had something to show for

What I am trying to say is very important. This fall I am heading to my dream school. I know I worked hard for this position and I felt overwhelming happiness for achieving this. My friends and family are so supportive of me and I knew I could do it. For students who have similar stories, I want you to know that it IS possible. It is so possible. I am not the type of person who says those kinds of things because I usually hear them from other people and think they are false. But in truth, this type of situation can work. You can achieve that status and get what you want out of life. My story hasn't ended, I still have plenty of work to do. But it is nice knowing that with everyone behind me, I can achieve the impossible.