Friends Till The End

Friends Till The End

I wouldn't be the same without my best friends

14
Friends Till The End
Tessa Simon

I was having the worst writers block this week and I couldn’t figure out what to write about for this week. Then it hit me while I was hanging out with my best friends. I could write an article about them. I wish I could express myself better to explain the extent of my love for these people. They have done so much for me over the years I’ve known them. From giving me rides to emotional support, I don’t think I would be the same without them. They have changed my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

One of my biggest fears when I decided to go to school out of state was that my connection with my three best friends would disappear. I knew we all wanted to stay in contact and have Skype calls, but we all became busier with the school year and the communication started to lessen over the months. My anxiety told me that we were all going our separate ways without each other, while my brain knew that we didn’t have to be in 24/7 contact to validate our friendship. Coming home in itself was great but after finally working around everyone’s schedule and getting our group back together for breakfast like old times was heart warming. We picked up like we hadn’t been apart for less than a day. Everything felt like where we had left it at the beginning of the school year. Sure, we had all grown in our own ways but the same raw energy that I fell in love with at the beginning was greater than ever. The jokes and sarcasm flew left and right, and of course a breakfast get together turned into a day full of plans of going downtown.

My favorite part is that I know these are lasting friendships. It doesn’t end with one day of adventures. More events get planned for days after and we end up spending the summer together even with summer classes and jobs. To some it’s a commitment to figure out when everyone’s free to hangout but I would honestly not survive if my squad didn’t get together more than once a month. They are my people and I love them so.

It’s amazing to see how college has changed them in a good way. It’s not big changes either, but just the little things like learning to keep yourself in mind and that you don’t have to please everyone. It also makes me sad that I’m not with them to see them transition into better versions of themselves as they discover who they are. I can’t help it. I’m the mom of the group and I even carry their senior pictures around in my wallet like a proud parent. I’m so proud of them and I can’t wait to see what new memories we create and where they go in life. We won’t end up in the same places but definitely friends till the end.