Friends: The One With The Nine Christmas Episodes

Which One Was Your Favorite?
59927

Friends is one of those shows on Netflix that will have a Christmas episode every season. During its ten year run, every Christmas episode has been just the right amount of cheesy, funny, and quirky.

Season 1 Episode 10: The One with the Monkey

During this episode, Marcel the monkey is brought into the six friends' lives. Because this episode was a combination of New Year's Eve and Christmas, they each scramble to find a date right before the clock strikes twelve. Rachel shows up to the party all bruised up from a fight at the airport, Phoebe falls in love with her scientist guy David, and of course, Chandler invites his ex-grirlfriend Jaaaaaanice.

Season 2 Episode 9: The One with Phoebe's Dad

This year, Monica decides to throw a Christmas party and the heat gets cranked all the way up. She also decides to tip with cookies instead of money, and well... it didn't work out so great. Phoebe decides to go look for her father, but can't work up the courage to walk up to his front door. Rachel's mad at Ross for making a Pro/Con list about her to compare her to Julie, and Joey and Chandler gives the group their presents from the gas station.

Season 3 Episode 10: The One Where Rachel Quits

Chandler and Joey convince Rachel to quit her job at Central Perk. Monica and Joey decide to surprise Phoebe by filling the living room with all the dead Christmas trees from Joey's work, and Ross has to go door-to-door selling cookies because he broke a little girl scout's leg.

Season 4 Episode 10: The One with the Girl From Poughkeepsie

Ross can't decide if he should date someone interesting who lives two hours away, or someone who he finds mediocre but is right in the city. After falling asleep on the train, he ends up in Canada. Phoebe attempts to sing Christmas songs that incorporate all of her friends' names. Monica, at her new job, is feeling excluded so she gets Joey to work there so she can fire him on purpose to demonstrate authority. Her plan doesn't quite go as well as she'd imagined. Meanwhile, Rachel is on a date with a work-friend that Chandler set her up with.

Season 5: Episode 10: The One with the Inappropriate Sister

Kind-hearted Phoebe decides to volunteer to collect money for charity. Rachel's date, Danny, is inappropriately close with his sister (they take baths together!). Monica and Chandler are also secretly dating!

Season 6: Episode 10: The One with the Rockin' New Year's Eve

Ross and Monica are ecstatic to be in Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve. In this episode, they perform their famous "routine" for everyone. Meanwhile, back at home, Phoebe, Chandler, and Rachel have no idea what to get Monica for Christmas so they desperately ransack the apartment for her gifts.

Season 7: Episode 10: The Holiday Armadillo

The costume shop runs out of Santa costumes around Christmas, so Ross gets the next best thing: The Holiday Armadillo. He becomes Santa's half-Jewish friend to teach his son Ben about the significance of Hanukkah. Of course, Chandler ruins this by coming in as Santa and distracting Ben. Rachel is living with Joey, but Phoebe wants her back so she gets Joey presents like a drum set and a tarantula to try to scare Rachel out of the apartment.

Season 8: Episode 9: The One with the Creepy Holiday Card

Ross is dating Mona, and they talk about whether or not they should send out a Christmas card together as a couple. Monica and Chandler are married for their very first Christmas, and they try to avoid Chandler's boss and his invitation for dinner. Rachel is pregnant with Ross's baby, and her hormones lead her to flirt with Joey.

Season 9: Episode 10: The One with Christmas in Tulsa

This episode is mostly about Chandler, as he struggles to commute back and forth to his work in Tulsa. He finally decides to quit his job, while his friends all reflect on the past Christmases they've had.