12 'Friends' Quotes That Perfectly Relate To Going Through Recruitment

You never found "Friends" so relatable until after you read this article.

640
YouTube

1. "Phoebe, were you ever in a sorority?" - Melissa

"Of course. I was a Thigh Mega Tampon." - Phoebe

When you're trying to collect rec letters from the women back home, and half of them don't even really know what Greek life is. This could be so frustrating because you knew you just HAD to have 5 rec letters for every house you thought you wanted to rush (when in reality 1 or 2 would definitely have sufficed).

2. "Oh my God." - Janice

When you walk into your first house on Greek Day and you have never seen anything like it in your entire life. Despite getting all the advice you could and trying your best to prepare yourself, nothing could have prepared you for 300 sorority women screaming, dancing, and yelling in an attempt to get you to like their house the best.

3. "I say more dumb things before 9 a.m. than most people say all day." - Chandler

When you're going through recruitment, everyone tries to put on their best face - actives and PNMs alike. It can be stressful, and sometimes things would come out of your mouth that you immediately wished you could take back - like that story about the dead fish that stayed in the tank for a week before you noticed it that you told before you started frantically nervously laughing.

4. "They don't know that we know they know we know." - Phoebe

Okay so maybe you didn't pick up on it at first, but it definitely didn't take you to long to notice that random girls weren't just coming up to the girl who picked you up outside before she excused herself. This process, which you later found out was called "bumping" seemed strange. Why are they acting like they haven't seen each other in a month? Do they really think I think they're "best friends forever" because the second one just squeezed the first one's arm? Wait! Was that squeeze a signal for the first one to leave? You totally knew something was up, even if the actives wanted it to seem as natural as possible.

5. "I've got this uncontrollable need to please people." - Monica

You're trying to convince these active women they should accept you into their tight-knit group of sisters. To do this, you decided to tell her every good, impressive, resume-worthy thing you've ever done. This, you just knew, would convince her that you belong to this elite sorority. You felt a lot like Monica in those moments, hoping that all these great things you're telling this girl you've never met will help get you invited back the next day. You felt like a total sorority people please.

6. "Come on, that's not running. Let's go!" - Phoebe

There are only like, 10 or 15 minutes in between rounds, and those houses are not always close to each other. XYZ sorority's house may be a 10-minute walk from ABC sorority's house, but you're in heels and definitely, don't want to be the last one there. This also applies to when you just left your last house of the day and it's time to go rank. If you aren't first in line, you may as well resign yourself to the fact you're probably going to be standing in line, waiting to rank for two hours. So the best thing to do? Kick off those heels and book it, sister.

7. "Name? I know Ross but what's it short for? You know like, like Rossel or Rosstepher." - Joey

An active picked up outside, and she's trying to make small talk until she could sit you down inside and delve into everything that makes you and tell you why you would like ABC sorority. So she asks awkward questions if your name is short for something else or where you're from when that information is also on your name tag. That awkward small talk at the beginning can be weird, but it can also be the start of a really interesting conversation.

8. "But today, it's like there's rock bottom, then 50 feet of crap, then me." - Rachel

You thought you had found your perfect home. You just knew that the girl who you can't remember her name but had really pretty hair was going to be your big. Maybe you were a legacy to that house, or maybe you just felt like you fit in there. But you got your schedule back, and they had dropped you. You feel awful like you weren't enough. Your conversation had been great, and you thought you'd made a real connection. You might've cried a little bit, and that's totally okay because almost everyone was there at that point during the week. But your future home was somewhere on that list.

9. "Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to." - Phoebe

Ah, Wednesday, aka the only day of recruitment week that you didn't have rounds. A day to catch up on sleep and mental health because let's face it, you're EXHAUSTED. But then someone gets the bright idea that you should go shopping again to get new dresses/shoes/jewelry before Sisterhood and Pref rounds start or decides that a 10 p.m. Insomnia cookie run is a fantastic idea or reminds you that you have an essay due on Friday that you might want to get started on while you have some free time. So you have to quickly remove yourself from that situation so you can keep napping and looking bomb at rounds again the next day (even though you probably should write that paper).

10. "You and I both know we're perfect for each other." - Ross

On preference night, you may know exactly what house you want to run home to the next day, or you may be completely torn. Either way, the actives at the houses you visit on pref night more than likely let you know they wanted to see you there the next day as their newest sister. Maybe she'll even told you that she can see you as her future little. Even if you weren't sure you're at the house you want to call home, her goal for that round was to make sure you don't leave without being able to see yourself there.

11. "I'm so excited, I may vomit." - Chandler

It's bid day and they've given you your bid card in an envelope and.... told you not to open it? You have to sit there with this glorious information that you have been looking forward to receiving all week and you can't open it? What kind of nonsense it that? The longer you look at the card, the more nervous you get. You're wondering what it says, if it's the house you wanted, or if they cut you, and if you can love your second choice just as much, and can you even run that far all the way to the house? Because you're about to give out from how crazy this week has been.

12. "Let me love you!" - Joey

You opened your bid card and ran home and you searched through the hoards of people to find the active member who was holding your name on a sign. You FINALLY found her and tackled her like Joey does to Chandler in the gif above.

She threw your bid day jersey over your head, put the sign with your name on it around your neck, and gave you the hug you needed all week. You told each other how happy you are that you're there and how you love each other already and are so glad you're sisters now before she led you into your new house with all your new sisters/best friends.