To My Friends At The End Of Our First Semester

Thanks for making my first semester so great.
19

Wow guys, what a crazy ride this first semester of college has been. It's crazy to think that it's all starting to come to an end for Winter Break. Just think, a few months ago we were all moving into college for what we knew was about to be the best time of our lives. In those short months, we've all watched each other grow and change into the people we are today. We've developed strong friendships that will really last a lifetime and I'm so thankful that we were able to start this crazy journey together.

You may not have known me for my whole life like my friends from home have, but we click just as well- if not better- than I do with them. We're able to get to know each other with late nights and tons of stories about that crazy ex boyfriend from a year or two ago and sometimes it feels like we have known each other for years instead of just a few months. I was nervous about coming to college and making new friends, but it turns out that I had no reason to be nervous at all. You all have been my rocks since August. I have had to learn how to live on my own which is extremely terrifying, but you all make everything a little less scary. Our friendships are unlike anything I've ever had in life before and I know that we will always be there for each other.

My mom always told me that I'd meet my future husband and bridesmaids in my first semester of college. While I'm not too sure on the whole husband part, I know I've definitely found my bridesmaids, and just a heads up: your dresses will be pink and pretty. Turning into an adult is super weird, and I'm glad I have you around to make me feel young and free. Marriage isn't something I want to happen for a long time, but you all will be in my wedding one day so have no fear. (If I happen to end up alone forever, I'm going to need you all around for Netflix nights, so never forget me when we graduate and move away!)

Thanks for always being there to go to the library with me late at night and stay there with me until I finish the multiple papers that I put off until the last minute, I definitely owe you a few cups of Starbucks coffee for all of the late study nights, thanks so much for helping me pass my tests.

As we come to an end on this semester, just know that I am so fortunate to know each of you and that I am so thankful to have you in my life. College friends are the kind of friends you have forever. Thanks for the crazy nights out, the wild stories and most importantly, your true friendships.