Five Things That Are Annoying When You Have An Autoimmune Disease As Told By Friends.

Hello, I have Hashimoto's Disease and as a result, have a lowered immune system and a whole bunch of other issues but I like friends.

If you have autoimmune issues or diseases then I am sure you can definitely relate to these annoying things that happen to you. If you don't have issues maybe you will just learn something or just enjoy the "friends" gifs.

I really love Phoebe and Chandler. Who is your favorite character?

24

If you want a little more background on what exactly my autoimmune disease is a link to my article about is here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/having-an-autoimm...

But anyway let's get to the comedy involved in it!

Getting Sick All The Time

Basically no matter how hygienic and careful you are to constantly be having vitamin C and essential oils you still wind up sick. Like today, for instance, randomly getting day colds, flu, and other illnesses are the norm and quite annoying.

It turns most days into a smelly cat. What is my autoimmune disease doing to me?

Explaining Your Symptoms

My hands shake. My eyes tend to have bags. I tend to get sick. Sometimes my head shakes. Etcetera etcetera. Explaining it repeatedly gets old pretty quick. Plus, I'm never on a break from it.

Explaining Your Disease

It really is work to constantly be explaining your disease. Usually, this discussion follows the already annoying symptoms chat and just gets annoying since no one really understands your disease including yourself sometimes. Explaining it repeatedly oftentimes turns me into a Ursala type person or a very hungry and nap deprived Joey.

Sympathy

Yes. I have an incurable life long disease. Yeah, that sucks. Guess what, it is treatable and for the most part, I lead a very normal life. So constantly saying you're sorry and giving me pity does nothing to fix my disease or treat it. Sorry is not the medicine I need to take every day. Sure it is nice but totally unnecessary. It is not always annoying but sometimes under the right circumstances like say moving a couch up several flights of stairs can create some anger that needs to be unleashed.

Having The Autoimmune Disease

Obviously having the disease is straight up annoying. Making sure I take my medication every day, getting blood drawn, doctors visits, symptoms, getting sick, and coping with it the best I can is pretty annoying. I don't like but hey (brace for dark humor) if I don't do it I'll die so a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. (de-brace dark humor has ceased.)

Anyways if there is anything that annoys you what is it? Of course, I also must ask...

Check out my other article about autoimmune disease! It is pretty fresh!