To The Friendly Employee At Chipotle

To The Friendly Employee At Chipotle

Keep being your friendly self.
0

To the friendly employee guy at Chipotle: I’m sorry. I’m sorry I was so wrapped up in answering your question that I forgot to ask you how your weekend was going. I’m sorry I didn’t display a more friendly attitude. You were the perfect picture of outstanding customer service and I just brushed it off. I should have quickly answered your question and then asked you how you were doing. As typical, I focused on myself when answering a question and didn’t even think to ask my questioner how he was doing. I was having a bad day and letting it get the best of me. Your smile and friendliness helped brighten my day and if I could go back and redo our interaction I would ask you how your weekend was going. I would assume that your weekend was awesome because you seemed so cheery and simply happy to be working and alive. So here we go:

Me: “My weekend is going great! Thanks for asking. It’s so hot out this weekend! How is your weekend going?”

There. It’s so simple and yet so difficult, especially when I’m focused on myself and not thinking of others. You did an amazing job in greeting customers and making people feel welcome. Thank you for being an example of caring for others, selfless, and just a great person. I’m sure that all your friends are happy to have a relationship with someone like you. Your type of friendliness is the type that makes the world a better place, that plant's seeds of hope that truly nice people are still out there. With everything from the explosions in Brussels, shooting in Orlando, the sudden deaths of young celebrities, destructive flooding in West Virginia, the crazy election year we find ourselves in, and the bombing in Istanbul, basic acts of kindness really stand out these days. While the world seems to be spinning out of control, people like you remind the rest of us that kindness, compassion and gentleness are the way to change the world. Treating others how we want to be treated is something that seems to be way too often forgotten. We are not here to serve ourselves and just do whatever pleases us. We are here to better the lives of others by being different. You, nice employee guy, did just that. Keep on being a world-changer and awesome employee because it’s guys like you that go far in life and people idolize. Thanks again and I hope to see you again at that Chipotle so I can ask you how you’re doing.

Sincerely,

A very satisfied, impressed, inspired and thankful customer.