Friend Care Package Ideas

This Is How You Put Together A Care Package That Counts

Don't get me wrong, all care packages show you care, just some more than others.

301
Maddy McKeever

After looking through the contents of a care package I just received from one of my best friends from college, I thought of this quote from Netflix:

"And remember, whenever you care a lot for someone Hikaru, it's important you pay attention to any subtle little hints they drop." ~Kaoru Hitachiin, Ouran High School Host Club S1 Ep16

Here's how to make an amazing care package that shows friendship is made by a million little things, using myself as the example:

Bottles

Message in a bottle

Maddy McKeever

Always try to send some message besides just items with your care package. Even better if it's hand written. If you want to get creative, you can do like my friend did and send a message in a bottle! Just make sure to tie the note to a string so they can get the message out without smashing the bottle.

Charms

Skull key charms

Maddy McKeever

Pay attention to hobbies. These aren't earrings, they are charms, which I can make into jewelry because I've made jewelry as a hobby since I was 4 years old. Not only that. but they are keys and skulls, both of which I wear a ton of in my accessories.

Notebook

Notebook and fine point pens

Maddy McKeever

Listen to their long term goals. I am a creative writing major, and go through notebooks so fast. Not only that, but I have a soft spot for pocket-sized notebooks.

Also, remember memories! I went with this friend to a craft store a long, long time ago and we both gushed over loving fine tip pens, which they sent with the notebook in fun colors.

Tea

Queen Mary early grey tea

Maddy McKeever

Remembering favorites is always a safe bet. My friend and I bonded over both loving tea. My favorite tea is black, specifically earl grey. However, I cant have a lot of the fancy earl grey teas because they have lavender, which I'm allergic to. So she found me a fun earl grey without lavender.

Candle

French berries candle

Maddy McKeever

Some stuff you love they will love too. This candle smells so good, and I love candles. My boyfriend says it's the best candle he's ever smelled. My friend got it for me because she liked it too.

Scrapbook Paper

Fall and Halloween scrapbook paper

Maddy McKeever

Variety is a good way to make sure they like at least one thing. I love Fall, it is my favorite season, and the season not only has my birthday during it, but also my favorite holiday, Halloween. So every piece of Fall and Halloween paper is exactly what this crafty goth likes.

Decorative Tape

Rainbow tape

Maddy McKeever

Pay attention to how they decorate. I have a large asexual flag in my room and lots of rainbows because I'm queer. So glittery rainbow tape is a fitting thing to continue my gay decorations.

Stickers

Halloween and succulent stickers

Maddy McKeever

Learn their newest interests. I don't know if my friend knew I am obsessed with stickers right now. But she did know I traded her a spider plant for one of her succulents, so the succulent stickers are greatly appreciated.

These are just some ways to make a care package seem like you pay attention and, well, care. There are plenty of other ways do do it too though. For example, shout out to my parents who send me care packages of non-perishable food in between paychecks!

My overall recommendation when buying friends and poor college students stuff: they are probably spending their money carefully on necessities, so buy them something fun that they would want if their budget didn't make them so tight on money.