Breaking Up With Your Freshman Year Boyfriend
Exes

Don't Think Your Freshman Year Boyfriend Was A Waste Of Time, Now You Know What You Really Want

I had my fun, now it is time to look forward to my future.

223

Starting my freshman year, I would have never imaged looking for or finding a boyfriend. I went to school to prepare for my future and have some fun. Boy, did I get that wrong.

October hit, which means the cuffing season was upon us. I had met this boy on tinder... yes, tinder *rolls eyes* Sorry, Mom! We had hung out a few times, but he did not seem very interested. Of course, I was. Those rolls switched for a quick second and then all of the sudden, we were on the same page and dating.

I had been in relationships in high school but nothing as serious as this relationship. Towards the end of my freshman year, we basically were living together in a dorm room and did everything together.

At the time, I thought the relationships great and that we would spend forever together. Looking back, I was completely wrong.

After being out of the relationship for a while now, I know that I am in a much better place.

Having a best friend and a significant other all in one is great. Looking at my parents, I have always wanted that in my life. I had that with my freshman boyfriend. Except, there was one thing wrong. I got rid of the rest of my friends, slowly.

Having that freshman year boyfriend really prepared me for the next step... looking for my future. This last relationship has made me become comfortable with who I am as a person and what I need in a significant other. I thank that guy for being in my life and showing me what I thought I need but really teaching me what I actually needed.