10 Free Date Ideas That Aren't Netflix

10 Free Date Ideas That Aren't Netflix

Netflix and chill doesn't cut it as a date.

247
10 Free Date Ideas That Aren't Netflix
Pic Jumbo

It can be hard sometimes to have a nice date without spending all of the money in your bank account. Most people like doing something with their significant other at least once a week and this can get pretty pricey, and let's face it, Netflix isn't always the answer. Of course, every city is different in activities that it offers but here is a list of a few generic activities that you can partake in on a date that won't cost you anything- or maybe just a couple dollars.

1. Have a picnic at the park.

Whether you have a city park, a national forest, or even a beach picnics are always nice. You can pack food that you have at home, sit and have a romantic meal. Picnics can also be on a picnic bench so don't fret about sitting on the ground. Your significant other will love it as it shows you actually put thought into the date and the meal.

2. Go on a hike.

After that picnic, or instead of, go on a hike! Walking through nature with someone you love can be extremely refreshing. Don't play music or be loud, just listen to nature. You can even bring your dogs to make the hike more fun!

3. Experience your town as a tourist.

Most cities have fun activities to do for free on their "Welcome tourist websites." Check out these websites for you and your date to see your city in a whole new light.

4. Cook dinner together.

Cooking can be extremely tedious but when doing it with a significant other it can be fun. Pick a meal that you will both enjoy and make it together! Chances are the kitchen may get a little messy but that's half the fun. Spending time with someone and laughing will make cooking more enjoyable- plus you get a nice meal afterward! (Or end up ordering out if it came out awful, but at least you had fun!)

5. Get crafty.

Spend the day making something for each other such as painting, drawing, cut and glue. Not only will you have fun making it but you will each receive a special and meaningful gift. It's okay if a five-year-old could make a better picture, it is the thought that counts.

6. Take a day trip.

If you can't find anything left to do in your town, take a little trip. Chances are there's a small town less than an hour away from you. Little towns are great if you're not from one, there's normally one main street that you can just walk down and window shop, maybe grab some ice cream and just enjoy the experience.

7. Have a game night.

Invite some friends over and have a game night! This isn't a traditional date but you could easily make couple teams which will help you still feel close to your significant other while still enjoying time with friends.

8. Go tour expensive houses.

Open houses can be a lot of fun. Take your significant other and pretend that you are in the market for a new house! You can walk around a dream of what house you will someday want, this is a good way to see if your tastes are compatible too.

9. Just sit and talk.

Sometimes we go through life too quickly and don't take time to just sit and enjoy each other. Just sit and talk to each other about life, families, work, school. Even if you have known each other for years there is always something you don't know. This will help you feel closer to your significant other as well as spend quality time together.

10. Do what each other like.

If he likes playing video games, then play something together. If she likes reading, read the same book together. Relationships involve a lot of balance, doing what each other like to do will make you feel like you know and understand them more- even if its something you don't enjoy. Just appreciate each others company.