4 Points That Will Lead You To A Better Life

You always need to love

108
Domino Sugar - James Lanning.

"You are meant to be where you are at the moment you open your eyes."

I knew it was going to be a good day when I found a voucher for a free cup of coffee at any service (coffee is usually on a donation basis, but sometimes they sneak those little vouchers to unsuspecting people, like myself) buried in the depths of my car. Smiling to myself, I clicked my seatbelt into place and headed over to Kensington Church in Michigan. I am quite partial to the Orion branch because my favorite pastor, Dave Wilson resides there. In fact, his entire team is absolutely magical. If you are one to believe in divine intervention, it was this group of people meeting and coming together to speak the word and help others around the world. Now, I haven't been one to show up on a regular basis and that's the beauty of Kensington in itself. They understand that you can't make every single service and they don't expect anything from you. I am honestly not an avid church goer, but I am trying to work on it. And that's really all you can do, you know? You just have to commit the best you can and hold yourself accountable.

"They don't mind if you can't make every service. Shocking, I know."

So I find myself, coffee in hand, sneaking my way to the front of the auditorium. Soon after the introductory music ends, a familiar face climbs up onto the stage front. Well, it wasn't Dave, but instead it was an awesome dude by the name of Michael Bouchard. (Not related to the Michigan Sheriff, people.) Michael was going to be speaking today on the political issues going on in the world and how it can translate to The Bible, but also speaking to just being a good human being during the circus.

This is Mike, y'all.

Mike is the director for the kid's department for the church and from what I've gathered simply listening to him speak, he is a rather funny guy. Mike wrapped up his introduction with reiterating that he was indeed going to talk politics and relate it back to The Bible. Challenge accepted.

You can watch the video here:

Now, I honestly couldn't really tell you what's going on politically in my country. I can't stomach watching all of the lies, slander, and over all shenanigans that seem to be overflowing on any given news outlet. And that's okay because Mike does a great job breaking it down for people like me. He says it is okay to not know what's going on politically all of the time because you have more important things to focus on. That of which is primarily tailored to being a good human being.

" God, meet me where I am at."

I took away these four bullet points. In my own general thought process of being exactly where I am meant to brought me to this very auditorium on this particular day to hear Mike speak his truth. I felt called to share these points because it their weight is so broad and so pure.

1. Stand.

Regardless of your political views, regardless of your views on anything. You always need to remain vigilant, yet profound. Whatever you are passionate about, you need to extend into every fiber of your existence. If you don't stand for what you believe in, then who else will? It is quite simple really. Too many times in your life you will be over shadowed, brought down and quieted to your beliefs. You don't have to be right or wrong, you just have to feel the fire and you need to run with it.

2. Honor.

In the event that someone you know offends you, a celebrity you've always admired has a different view point than you or a stranger cuts you off at the traffic light. You need to take pause. You need to breathe. You need to remain respectful anyways. It is a practice that to this day I still struggle fully grasping, but it rings so loudly in my ears. Whatever you think is doing you a disservice is simply building you up.

3. Love.

It is as clear as it written in bold block lettering. You always need to love. You need to put love first and foremost. You need to continuously allow yourself to remain as open as you possibly can. You need to take it all in around you, the good and the bad. Understand you cross paths with people because they are feeling your energy. Allow others to seek you as refuge and do it as selflessly as one can.

4. Engage.

You need to make sure you are staying involved in the world. It is honestly the most simple, yet the most difficult of all of the four. It's something that most believe isn't required, but engagement is so necessary for the world. You have to stay focused on what's going on around you and you have to get involved, even when it hurts. Trust me, the outcome will be amazing in the end, but remember, you will only get out of it what you put into it in the first place. So make it count.

You are where you are meant to be, you will hear things in different tones, you will see things in new color. You must be better than you think you can be. Set the bar as higher than you are comfortable with. Trust me, you will surprise yourself.