I found myself again.

I found myself one afternoon when I went outside and took in the warm sun and breathed in the fresh air. The warm sun beat down on my skin giving me a taste of summer months to come. The flowers were starting to bloom and wildlife was beginning to reappear after the winter. Everything seemed to becoming back to life, including myself.

I found myself late at night driving home with the windows down and my music to the loudest decibel. The night is always calm and peaceful with only the moon and stars illuminating the sky. Every time I drive down my old, familiar back roads, I appreciate the stillness of the night, the hum of the bugs, and the ability to declutter my mind from my current worries.

I found myself in my music. It’s that feeling of revisiting an old song I forgot about or listening to songs in the middle of the night that makes me fall in love with music more and more. No matter what I am doing, I always listen to music because it can describe my mood. Feeling like I need to concentrate? Check. Feeling like I can conquer the world? Check. Feeling like I want to eat a couple pints of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream? Check. No matter what, music is always there for to support me.

I found myself in all the people who care about me and always want to know how I am doing. From my dog to the local pizza shop owner who has known me since I was five, everyone cares about my accomplishments and successes. It truly is the best feeling in the world to remember how much you are loved and supported.

I found myself in hardships that turned out to be small blessings. When I faced my first hardship away at college, I honestly didn't know what to do. After time and practice, I learned how to handle setbacks on my own. Looking back at my hardships, I appreciate them and realize that they happened to make me a better person.

So where did I lose myself in the first place? Well, I used to wonder that all the time. But after all my wondering and worrying I realized that I should stop wasting my time with where I am going in life or who is going to be there. As cliche as it sounds, everything that happens to me happens for a reason. For these past two years, I had been searching for myself, but then I realized I already knew who I was from these simple reminders in my life. I just needed to take the time to find myself again.