The Best Foster The People Songs That Aren't 'Pumped Up Kicks'
Music

5 Songs That'll Make You Go From Knowing Foster The People To Loving Them

Foster The People has gone unappreciated for long enough and it's time to give them the credit they deserve.

1637
Amanda Montini

The band Foster The People first developed in Los Angeles, California, back in 2009. After the debut of their song "Pumped Up Kicks" in 2010, the band's popularity skyrocketed. Ten years and three albums later, the band is still producing music that sounds like no other. While Foster The People still exceeds the expectations of an alternative band, they've also seemed to drift into thin air, keeping a small, consistent fan base.

When someone mentions the band Foster The People, most people only seem to think of "Pumped Up Kicks" without giving thought to the idea that the band may have other songs that are just as great, if not better, than "Pumped Up Kicks." Here are five songs that'll make you give Foster The People the chance they really deserve.

"Houdini"

Featured on their "Torches" album back in 2011, "Houdini" still proves to be one of Foster The People's most popular songs. With the song ranking fifth in their top five songs on Spotify, it's clear fans all still agree that "Houdini" is truly a classic. The song is believed to be a representation of Foster's fear of rejection from fans.

"Coming Of Age"

"Coming Of Age" is the third song on Foster The People's 2014 album, "Supermodel." With the first two songs on the album starting off strong, "Coming Of Age" gives the album the momentum it needs to keep fans hooked. The song is described as a lyrical representation of a moment of clarity for the band from the first album back in 2011 and the member's lives drastically changing.

"Pay The Man"

As the opening song on Foster The People's newest album, "Sacred Hearts Club," "Pay The Man" sets the mood for a perfect record. The song brings out an electric style that the band hadn't fully exposed before. Pay The Man is all about going through life with loved ones during hard times and gives an overall message that no matter how hard times may get, things will always get better.

"Sit Next To Me"

Sitting at number two on their top Spotify songs, "Sit Next To Me" could most definitely soar to number one with its powerful sound and mesmerizing lyrics. The song sits at number three on the "Scared Hearts Club" record and acts as the "hook" to the album. The song is about Mark Foster trying to get ahold of this girl to fix things and he tries to do this by not forcing the relationship, but by letting everything happen naturally.

"Lotus Eater"

As another addition to the "Sacred Hearts Club" record, "Lotus Eater" gives the album a taste of the classic Foster The People sound that's been used in years past. The song keeps people dancing with its catchy chorus and the dominant strum of the guitar. Today, a "lotus eater" is defined as someone who chooses to enjoy more pleasureful than practical affairs. If you listen closely to the song's lyrics, this is clearly displayed throughout the entirety of the song.

Foster The People gave the world a song that drew light to a highly controversial topic back in 2010, but they weren't finished yet. They've produced album after album with each one better than the next. They've never disappointed fans with their sound and will continue to soar above expectations for many years to follow. Foster The People has gone unappreciated for too long and it's about time we start to show them some love.