I Got Front Row Seats At A Thomas Rhett Concert

How Speaking What I Wanted Into Existence Got Me Front Row Seats At A Thomas Rhett Concert

Yes, you read that right.

13
Emily Smith

It was barely a week ago, and I was in an Uber en route to Camden to see none other than the amazing Thomas Rhett. If you're unfamiliar with him (familiarize yourself, please; he is amazing), he is a country singer whose tour was stopping in Camden that night.

My four other friends and I purchased our general admission lawn seats a few weeks ahead for a mere $50. While my best friend and I wanted to spend the extra few dollars ($200, yikes) to be up in the pit, the rest of our friends were satisfied with lawn seats. So, we settled.

As we walk onto the lawn, I immediately regretted my decision. There was practically nowhere to walk. If you are familiar with BB&T in Camden, then you know that the lawn section at country concerts (or any concert, honestly) brings an... interesting crowd.

Sure, it can be fun being out there, but I was way too sober and hot to spend the next three to four hours there.

My best friend and I (the one who wanted pit seats) decide to head to the bathroom to escape the dreaded lawn seats for a few minutes.

"We're going to get up front," she says to me while we're walking.

"I wish," I sigh.

"No, Em. I'm not kidding. If we speak it into existence, it'll happen."

With absolutely nothing to lose, I repeat, "We're going to get up front."

After a 20-minute bathroom wait, we begin to make the journey back to the lawn seats we were dreading. With no ideas on how to get up front, I make the decision to ask a security guard who was letting people with tickets into the seated area where I can upgrade my tickets. While I had no intentions to upgrade my tickets, I did want to feel out how lenient this guy was.

"Wait until the opening performances are over and I'll let you guys in," was his response.

No. Freaking. Way.

30 never-ending minutes later and we were showing the security guard blank phone screens pretending they were our "tickets" to our "seats".

"Go right in; your seats are right up there," he smirks at us. How did we get away with this and find the coolest security guard in Camden? No clue. We walk to the very last row and shuffle in, trying not to attract too much attention since a lot of the other security guards were not as cool as the guy we found.

While we weren't up front, we did manage to sneak into the seated part of the venue. If that was the highlight of our night, I would be more than satisfied. But it wasn't.

About 15 minutes into Rhett's set, a security guard came up to us. We were freaking out thinking he was about to bust us and we'd have to return to the lawn seats we were supposed to be at. Instead, he told us he needed our row cleared out and we could go around the back of the seats. We would have a front-row spot.

What does that mean?

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked him.

"Thomas Rhett is performing here," he pointed to a little platform positioned directly next to our seats.

Once again: No. Freaking. Way.

Fast forward 10 minutes and Thomas Rhett was grabbing my hand and singing "Star of The Show". I could not believe this was real life.

We left the concert in utter disbelief. We spoke what we wanted into existence and it happened. While it may have just been good luck, I'm holding on to that mantra.

So, whether you want good grades, a better body, or to meet your celeb crush, speak that into freaking existence because the universe has some crazy ways of working out.