A Formula For The Perfect Gift

A Formula For The Perfect Gift

Something to help you with your holiday shopping

65
A Formula For The Perfect Gift
everypixel.com

I am a perfectionist, and I love making people happy. This combination can be both a winner and killer when it comes to finding the perfect gifts for friends and family. I want nothing less than the absolute best for those I love. So. In all my musings, I was successful in coming up with a formula that can help you get your sister, father, son, significant other, etc. the perfect gift for the coming holidays!

A lot of times, you don’t know what to get someone unless they give you some specific items. Some people seem to always know of the perfect gift to give to others. This isn’t me, so I figured out a way that I could piece together a gift that people were always sure to enjoy. Rather than going for one item and hoping that it was enough to satisfy someone, I came up with a system of several smaller gifts that have different functions. The requirements for these gifts are as follows: something practical, an item that can be worn, an interactive gift, something to read, and an edible item. With these combined, you can’t go wrong.

Something practical. When you’re little and your grandmother gives you something practical, like a sweater, gloves, or a hat, you are less than enthusiastic. The older you get, however, the more you realize how precious these gifts are. Practical gifts are perfect in that the receiver has ample opportunities to use them. Giving them a little something practical helps them out, and then they’ll think of you every time they use it.

Something to wear. This can be especially helpful for when the weather is cold. Something that is comfortable, weather appropriate, and flatters the person you are giving the gift to. Getting a teenage or college aged girl a thick, soft sweater or two is the sure way to win her heart in the cold winter months.

Something to do. This is a more interactive gift, and might be a puzzle, craft, or board game. This is a more interactive gift than the others, and gives the recipient the opportunity to share their gift with others to enjoy.

Something to read. Not everyone enjoys reading, but everyone has something their interested in. Get your person a book about a subject that they find interesting, or a fun fiction that they can lose themselves in.

Something to munch on. Everybody likes food. This may not be a gift that lasts long, but it is one that the recipient is sure to enjoy for as long as it lasts.