Forget The Past, Live In The Moment

Forget The Past, Live In The Moment

Take a step back to appreciate the simple stuff.

607
Chansereypich Seng

At least once a day, I find myself self-examining my life at the moment. I feel like everyone does this to track their own personal growth. It's important to think about where you are and where you'd like to be. However, sometimes during these times where you reflect on yourself, your mind can wander into places that are not so positive and uplifting.

I am extremely blessed and fortunate to live the life that I do, but that doesn't mean that I'm not guilty of thinking of all the things that I have done or that have gone totally wrong. There are things that everyone wishes they had done differently or could go back and change.

Unfortunately, the hard truth that we all need to accept sooner rather than later, is that you can't go back. You can't magically rewind your life to change these things, so whats the use dwelling on them? It's time to start living in the moment, living for now.

Having this mindset can make your entire life overall better. We always look past the little things and take no time to appreciate them. What means so little to you, can mean so much to someone else. Cherish the "good morning" from your loved one when you wake up, appreciate when a stranger smiles at you when walking by, admire the stillness of the streets late at night. When you start to take for granted the meaningless treasures of life is when you lose yourself.

You never really think about how much life is out there to live. We stick to our daily routines, we stay doing what we know and are used to. But the second you step out of that box and challenge yourself is the second that you will embrace all that life has to offer.

It's never too late to do something you once wanted to do until it is. So, don't wait. Apply for the job. Buy the house. Tell someone you love them. The risk is always worth the chance of the fall. I would rather be known for all that I did, rather than what I didn't do. There comes a time where you have to stop giving a damn what other people think and go after what you want.

I hope if anything, reading this article has lit a fire under your ass. If you aren't happy with where you are or where you've been, change it! I hope to constantly alter my way of life. I never want to be too comfortable because I want to experience it all. I want to travel and see the world. I hope to work my dream job one day and meet the love of my life. Those petty things that happened in my past that continue to run throughout my mind won't matter in 10 years. This is because what matters is the real substantial things that I put my focus and energy into now. I'm going to laugh and love every chance that I get, and that's what living in the moment is all about.