Pretty much everyone in college has to take at least one foreign language class, and if you don't those of us who do hate you. After taking three semesters of a foreign language I still have no idea what I'm doing in class. Everyday I go through a mix of emotions that are hard to put in to words, so im going to let the cast of Friends speak for me.
If you're a nursing major, you relate to the following 19 things all too well. Between your clinical encounters and constant studying, you can't help but wonder if anyone else outside of your major understands the daily struggles you face in nursing school. And even though being the regional manager of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, Inc. isn't the same as being a nursing major, Michael Scott does a pretty accurate job of describing what it's like.
1. When your professor overloads your brain with information on the first day of class.
2. Realizing that all your time will now be spent studying in the library.
3. Being jealous of your friends with non-science majors, but then remembering that your job security/availability after graduation makes the stress a little more bearable.
4. Having to accept the harsh reality that your days of making A's on every assignment are now over.
5. When you're asked to share your answer and why you chose it with the whole class.
6. Forgetting one item in a "select all that apply" question, therefore losing all of its points.
7. When you're giving an IV for the first time and your patient jokingly asks, "This isn't your first time giving one of these, right?"
8. You're almost certain that your school's nursing board chose the ugliest scrubs they could find and said, "Let's make these mandatory."
9. Knowing that you have an important exam that you could (should) be studying for, but deciding to watch Netflix instead.
10. Getting to the first day of clinical after weeks of classroom practice.
11. When you become the ultimate mom-friend after learning about the effects various substances have on the human body.
12. Running off of 4-5 hours of sleep has become the new norm for you.
13. And getting just the recommended 7-8 hours makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
14. You have a love-hate relationship with ATI.
15. When your study group says they're meeting on a Saturday.
16. Choosing an answer that's correct, but not the "most" correct, therefore it is wrong.
17. And even though the late nights and stress can feel overwhelming,
18. You wouldn't want any other major because you can't wait to save lives and take care of others.
19. And let's be honest...
Queer Eye has taken college campuses by storm. I had no idea who they were when is stepped on campus in August, and now along with 85% of the female population, I am obsessed with five fabulous, gay men who change lives. So it's only fitting to represent my every mood with a Fab Five gif.
When your friends hold your to your plans to go out on Thursday night.
Thirsty Thursday always sounds like a great idea until it's 11:30 and all you want to do is sleep and watch Netflix.
Finding out class is cancelled.
Better than a good morning from any boy ever.
Thinking about another cafeteria meal.
There's only so many slices of pizza and bowls of cold pasta you can take.
When your friends are having mental breakdowns.
It happens to the best of us, and whether it's crying in library or at their apartment, you're always there for them.
Watching frat pledges.
From tabletop motivational speeches in the caf or swimming in the fountains, watching pledges are one of the most enjoyable parts of college.
When you actually do make it out on Thirsty Thursday.
Or when High School Musical comes on while you're in the car with your friends.
Trying to make it to your 8:00 AM when you wake up at 8:05.
We have all done the sprint of shame.
When you ace an assignment that you though you bombed.
It is a rare occurrence, but it does happen, and it is the best feeling in the world.
Opening the first page of an exam and realizing you know nothing.
No amount of studying can prepare you for the terror the some professors unleash.
When your roommate cooks for the first time.
We ALL have that friend who swears up and down they can cook, and they most definitely cannot.
When you decide to start a project in your room at 3 a.m.
It seems like such a great idea, until the next morning when you wake up in the middle of a disaster covered in glitter and regret.
When your friend finally shows up for class.
It sounds like a great idea to take a class with your friend until they quit coming and you have to sit by yourself.
Making an awful joke and getting actual laughs in return
Being accepted, bad jokes and all is, is what college friends are about.