For When You're Feeling Down

For When You're Feeling Down

When life gets tough, take time to sit back and reflect on the things that make life worth living.
13

For when you're feeling down...

Remember the love you have around you. Remember the family and friends that have supported you, taught you that you are cared for and taught you how to care for another. Remember the times people have gone out of their way, at their inconvenience, to help you. To help you when you broke down crying because everything felt like too much. To help you when you couldn't get somewhere you needed to be. To help you when school or work became overwhelming and you needed a little direction. To help you when you were so upset you thought you were about to go into a rage.

For when you're feeling down...

Remember the acts of kindness that have been granted to you. Remember the surprises from family, friends, even strangers, that lit up your soul, put a smile on your face, and made you feel special. Remember the compliments and sweet words people have said about you, not just on your appearance but on the parts of your soul that made you you.

Remember the kindness and compassion you have showed others. Remember the look on their face when you say or do something that lights up their day. Remember how grateful they were because something you did or said made them happier.

For when you're feeling down...

Remember the accomplishments you've made or overcome that you never would've imagined you'd be able to do. Remember the relief and pride at finishing such tasks and remembering how powerful you really can be. Remember the times you wanted to give up and you didn't, and now look at how far you've come. Remember the pain that made you stronger, the ache that made you softer, the cruelty that made you smarter. Remember that you are greater than you ever knew/know.

For when you're feeling down...

Remember how many lives you have positively impacted and will continue to impact simply by being who you are. Do not center on the negative impacts you may have made, and remember the lessons you have learned from them. Remember the love and care you have given, and being given that in return. Remember that you are important. Remember that you are worth the time and space and energy you have on this planet.

For when you're feeling down...

Remember that life may be scary at times, that it hurts and will break you down, but remember that with the bad there must also come good, and hold onto that good. Remember the importance of letting go, starting over, and doing the best you can. Remember that you must forgive yourself, and that others will forgive you as well.

For when you're feeling down...

Remember everything that made you who you are and appreciate every memory and component. Remember how special and unique you are, surrounded by a sea of possibilities and opportunities. Remember not to compare yourself to others because you are one of a kind with a beautiful and limitless mind. No one could ever replace you, and that is something to be proud of.

For when you're feeling down, remember your worth and remember to love every bit of who you are, even when it seems impossible; you are worth it, you are wonderful, you are powerful, and you are loved and cared for, always.