No matter how happy or optimistic or upbeat of a person you are, we all have days that we need a 'lil pick me up: something to help the negative vibes take a 180. While I am no expert, I have compiled a list of a few things that, from my own personal experience, are very helpful if you want to turn a bad day into a good one.

1. Exercise.

Sure, you may not enjoy it before, or even during, but the euphoria and satisfaction that you feel after getting in a good workout helps to combat even the worst of days. So tie up those sneakers and get those endorphins kickin'!

2. Eat a yummy snack.

Sometimes you just need a little sugar rush to help turn that frown upside down. When nothing is going your way, give yourself a break from being "healthy" and just indulge. After all, have you ever seen someone upset while eating an ice cream cone?

3. Read a book.

Sometimes our current stressors become a little too much to handle, but have no fear. Reading a good book is an amazing way to escape reality - even for just a little. Reading even just a single chapter can provide you with a cleansed mind and a much-needed escape from the real world.

4. Talk about it.

My mom always used to tell me that if something was bothering me, the best way to make myself feel better is to talk about it. So if your day just isn't going your way, rather then get mad at the world, just call up your mom or text your sister or rant to your roommate about how miserable your day is. I guarantee that the simple act of letting out your feelings will make your mood a little brighter.

5. Watch a funny TV show.

When all else fails, sometimes you just need a good laugh. So the next time you bomb a test, or get into a fight with your friend, just cuddle into bed, turn off the lights, and turn on your favorite funny show. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

By no means is this an extensive list, but coming from a girl who has had a few rough days herself, here are a few things that help me make those bad days just a little bit better.