You Should Wake Up Like Every Day Is Thanksgiving

What are you thankful for?

257
Flickr

Why are you thankful?

For having your closet full of clothes? For those new pairs of red bottom shoes? For that special someone who keeps taking your breath away with every sweet word, he or she tells you? For your current friendship, relationship, engagement, or marriage? For having your fridge or your pantry full of food and drinks? For having a family? Are you enthusiastic about the new job you just got hired for or the new promotion, you had got lately? Are you filled with gratitude for the new car you just got? Instead, are you appreciative of having someone who is giving you everything you want?

The absence of something can make you appreciate it because it demonstrates that the thing exists. For example, doesn’t the darkness (which is the absence of light) help you understand the importance of sunshine? Doesn’t death make you want to enjoy your life endlessly? Thus, the lack of something does not cause us to give thanks for having it when we do.

There are a plethora of reasons for which every one of us may be thankful. However, I tend to have some particular logic of arguments to be honored which do not require any money in my pocket, a good job or a specific someone in my life; they are beyond price, and irreplaceable, which means money cannot buy them, and our surroundings cannot provide them.

If you are thankful for your food, have you shared with the ones suffering from hunger? If you are grateful for clothes in your closet, have you given away to the one who has to stay naked and wash the only dress he or she has to wear clean clothes? If you are thankful for the new pairs of Louboutin shoes you have, why don’t you buy this innocent child who is walking barefoot on those rocks? Generally, Why don’t you bless someone else when you are blessed? When you are showing your gratefulness; you may want to start by helping someone to experience it. The only way to prove how thankful you are is by sharing and keep the blessing line going

In case you are that person who is not pleased with anything in your life. Have you ever wondered about the ones who are still living in slavery? Imagine their pains every time you seem to think life has been unfair to you. Do you have to live under master’s rules? Do you have to work without ceasing? What about when you don’t feel like going to work, so you ask for the day off; can they even think about asking for that? Do they have those go-away vacations? Do you think they get to visit the historical places? What are your answers so far? Are they unanimous or they are varied? If I tell you, it is about time to see a change in this world and be grateful for what you have. How do you plan on doing so? Is it by doing wrong to each other? Or by helping them grow? There are many ways of doing so; you only need to do it right.

I am not thankful for having my fridge or pantry full of food; I am fortunate for having the privilege of being healthy. I am not just happy with having my closet full of clothes. Instead, I am content with being a whole. I do not only considered myself lucky for the new item I just got; I am merely giving thanks for being able to see the beautiful universe. I am not merely grateful for that special someone who keeps taking my breath away with every sweet word he tells me; I am most thankful for being able to hear. I also have gratitude for feeling the wind blowing away.

Most importantly, I am grateful for being blessed by waking up daily while someone else is at the mortuary.