For the Girl Learning to Love & Live Again

'Be unapologetically you. Be fearless.'
9

This isn't you. This cold-hearted, closed off girl. You don't put up walls, you don't knit-pick. Who are you? Where's your old self? Did you leave her with him? Why? There is so much life ahead of you and so many others to meet. Why close yourself off? We all have scars, yours make you beautiful.

Stop selling yourself short. Making little excuses for why people enjoy your company, personality, looks. You are beautiful. You are funny. You are smart. You are you. People do like you for you. Not what you have to offer. Don't let those old mind games rule you. You're so much more than your past.

Since when did you start hiding that smile with a stoic grin? Remember those times you used to smile from ear to ear? Remember how happy you were then? Let yourself have those times again. Belly laugh when you feel it coming. Let your abs hurt from the late night conversations with the people who truly care about you.

I'm proud of you. The woman you've become. The woman you will be. You should be proud, too. The progress you've made is unspeakable. You've learned to love yourself. Your curves, your freckles, your odd tendencies, your crooked smile, your childlike laugh. So why not let others love you, too? It's not as scary as you make it seem.

One person doesn't define an entire population. You're letting your scars cage you within a box. A box of fear, timidness, and self-doubt. Stop. Life was made to take risks. Put yourself out there. Take every opportunity offered to you. Flaunt that smile, that confidence, that knowledge, the body you spend hours in the gym working to achieve, and be fearless.

Take life by the reigns and give it all you have. We only have one chance at this and who knows how much time we have? You've spent most of your life within your comfort zone and the box others confined you to. That's not you anymore, and that's a good thing. So what are you waiting for?

Picture yourself traveling to all the places you've always wanted, go on all those spontaneous day trips with your friends, make the first move and talk to those new people you see at every party. This isn't you giving up your morals or changing who you are. This is you growing, don't let anyone try to stunt that.

Be unapologetically you. Be fearless.