To My Future Husband, Here Are 5 Things I Want You To Know

These are the things I want in a marriage.

This is for my future husband, whoever you may be.

Hi sweetheart, I’m 19 years old writing this. I know its early to be thinking about marriage, but, I was looking for inspiration to write and I thought of you. I thought of what our marriage would be life. I thought of all the things I want and I hope you would want too. I know we will have differences in opinion, but there are some things I see essential to a marriage. These are important. Not only are will they bring you closer to the enigma that is women, but, they will give insight to who I am as a woman, a leader, a princess and, of course, your wife.

1. Please, darling, respect and encourage the maintenance and wants of us women.

We aren’t spoiled or prissy for splurging on the services that keep us to be as radiant as we are. Us women want our hair snipped and our feet soaked. We deserve elegant clothing and jewelry that glistens in the sun. We love fine food and a variety of culture that opens our souls. Now, I understand that not every person has the luxury of enjoying some of life’s perks. However, if we are lucky enough to be able to indulge, please, allow me.

2. We love to listen and learn.

As much as us women love to share our views and our secrets, we want to hear yours even more. We need to know the wheels are turning in your head. We want to see that you recognize the world around you and question it beyond its face value. We want you to elevate us in intellectual ways. Read, watch and absorb everything and anything. Our husbands are supposed to see life with us. You can add so much to what we see on a daily basis, so, speak up! I’m not only marrying you for your devilish looks, I marrying your brain too.

3. Respect is essential.

Through the inevitable fights, the “silent treatments” and the tears, respect will be the staple of our marriage. That is the only way it will survive. If we don’t respect each other what’s the point? This entails all arguments, all adversities and all differences in the marriage. We must be a unit. A unit can face the world together and tackle anything. All decisions must require both of our approval: no lying or secrets. If we respect each other not only will that ensure any issue can be resolved, but, it will keep our marriage together, forever.

4. Support us at our highs and lows.

Do not wait for me to lose my job and to gain five pounds of depression weight. I want support when I am peaking in my career, life and looks. I want encouragement and genuine interest in my passions and work. I want you to care just as much as I do and when I face failure I need a push. I need you to see the potential I have to be the best when I can’t see it myself.

5. We love to be loved.

Any woman just want’s the person they want, to want them back. It’s simple. So even after years of marriage, and plenty of hardships, we still want you. We want to know that you still want us too, so, remind us. Flowers, dinner, kisses, cuddles and hugs does all that. Why humans tend to take such amazing things for granted; I guess it’s a part of our nature? However, a marriage needs constant reminders of why it exists. Physical and emotional connection is key to keeping the love alive. So every now and then come home with a rose or a kiss. We will love both just the same.