To My Boyfriend From The Girl Who Loves You To The Moon And Back

A Valentine's day letter to my boyfriend.
259

To my boyfriend,

I cannot describe how much I love you in a couple of words and 500 would never be enough. Valentine’s day will be here in a couple of days. If I had to try and write down all the reasons I love you it might probably fill a book. We’ve been together for almost five months, but it feels like years. I feel like I’ve known you for so much longer than I have and it’s crazy.

Your ability to make me laugh and smile even when I don’t feel like it is honestly a gift. As confident in my love for you, I know there’s a part of me that won’t want to send this to my editor. I love watching you play World of Warcraft or Rogue Traders with your friends and seeing your face light up with laughter. I hate missing you. I hate hearing you’re so angry you want to punch someone, but I’m glad I can talk you down from it.

As much as I hate hearing that I suck at playing a certain video game (NBA 2K14 for example), it’s funny seeing you say it just to agree with me then kiss me and tell me to try again. I love hearing you talk about your future plans and how you include me in them. I love how you brought me to a concert you weren’t really interested in, but I wanted to go so you went along. I love hearing you talk about your favorite video games as if I knew a single thing what you were referring to even though I’m completely lost.

I love hearing your comments on my addiction to watching Grey’s Anatomy or my thoughts on Once Upon a Time. I love how you check up on me, even if I say nothing’s wrong and I’m fine. I like poking your face until you laugh. I love the smile you make when I say, “Angry Jackson Avery face” when you have a focused look on your face that looks just like his. I love how you don’t judge my crazed obsession with all things Star Wars. I love how you take care of me even though I’ll swear I can do it on my own. I don’t like your strange obsession with fire, but the water bottle you burnt looks pretty cool.

I love the smile on your face when you steal my glasses just to give them back to me after I’ve kissed you. I love how we support each other with whatever our next move is (like a new job or achieving some long-term goals). I hate hearing about how you had a bad day and don’t want to go to work the next day. I hate seeing you sick because it actually makes me feel a little helpless.

I love lying down watching Netflix after eating dinner that we’ve cooked together and just enjoying your presence. In essence, I just love you and everything about you.

I really believe that God gave me you and I don’t know what I’d do without you.

Sincerely,

The girl who loves you to the moon and back