Waiting for Godly man

Why I Would Wait For A Man Who Shares My Love For God

I'd be more than happy to wait for him to come along.

2195
https://unsplash.com/photos/4RgKWUvfEuI

Ever since I can remember, I have dreamed of meeting a good guy and being in a stable relationship by the time I graduated college. I thought that was a normal thing and expected to meet my guy early on in my college career. Unbeknownst to me, I was very wrong. Most girls don't even know a good man by the time they graduate, let alone commit to them. I have been on my fair share of dates and experienced a few long-term relationships, but I have yet to find my forever. But for a guy like him... I'll happily wait.

For a man who will never treat me the way others have...

Women are special creatures. We're all different... but we all need love and support. I've met guys who blatantly insult my faith. I've met guys who only want to get into my pants. I've met guys who think I'm just a toy to be played around with then thrown away. These are not the men I've dreamed of. I will wait for the man who will never treat me the way those guys did. I will wait for the man who knows I am a princess and treats me as such. Women are not toys. We have emotions and feelings just like guys do and we are probably more in tune with our emotions than guys are. Stop treating us like crap. Stop acting like you're so much better than us. Stop playing with us and treat us with the respect we deserve.

For a man who pursues God with vigor...

The relationship I will always care the most about is my relationship with God. I will wait for the man who shares that value with me. My Father comes first, then my love life. I will wait for the man who feels the same way. No more messing around with these lower case c Christians that only go to Church to make Mommy and Daddy happy. I will wait for the man who can't wait to walk through the church doors with me every week as we worship our Lord God Almighty.

For a man who loves me because of my past...

Every person on this Earth has a past. We have memories and experiences, good and bad, happy and sad. With each experience, we grow as a person and learn from our mistakes. We learn from prior relationships and adapt to a new way of doing things. We've all been hurt in our past and we've all made mistakes. Therefore, I will wait for the man who knows every second of my past and loves me because of it. I don't need a man in my life who is afraid of a little pain and hurt. I need a man that knows that hard times produce wisdom and grace. My past is just that and I have learned from it just as I hope he has learned from his.

For this man, I will wait.