"Follow Blindly"

"Follow Blindly"

Heaven is paved in rose gold...
Alissa
Alissa
7

Heaven is paved in rose gold. Streets

lined with rows of crystals and folds

of cotton woven with clouds. Christian

law states no dogs allowed through

the pearly gates. My cats have been

more loyal than ex-boyfriends, yet

the bible states animals have no souls.

A girl lost her soul-mate to blind rage,

cancerous plague of hate, but my dad

said no soul is ever lost if the vessel

walks with God. The Pastor says the

son is the only way in. Tell me how

could you or I ever question the good

word? Our Father has already mapped

our day, pray that when the sun goes

down, the son will guide us. Don’t

ever doubt your maker. How could

my maker not carry me away the night

my trust was stolen as I slept. He has

the whole world in his hand, but didn’t

close his fist when I was trapped under

a man. A set of footprints in sand, five

fingers, ten commands. No soul is lost

if the vessel walks with God. What if...

I walk away.

Cover Image Credit: Original photo

5 Perks Of Having A Long-Distance Best Friend

The best kind of long-distance relationship.
267871

Sometimes, people get annoyed when girls refer to multiple people as their "best friend," but they don't understand. We have different types of best friends. There's the going out together best friend, the see each other everyday best friend and the constant, low maintenance best friend.

While I'm lucky enough to have two out of the three at the same school as me, my "low maintenance" best friend goes to college six hours from Baton Rouge.

This type of friend is special because no matter how long you go without talking or seeing each other, you're always insanely close. Even though I miss her daily, having a long-distance best friend has its perks. Here are just a few of them...

1. Getting to see each other is a special event.

Sometimes when you see someone all the time, you take that person and their friendship for granted. When you don't get to see one of your favorite people very often, the times when you're together are truly appreciated.

2. You always have someone to give unbiased advice.

This person knows you best, but they probably don't know the people you're telling them about, so they can give you better advice than anyone else.

3. You always have someone to text and FaceTime.

While there may be hundreds of miles between you, they're also just a phone call away. You know they'll always be there for you even when they can't physically be there.

4. You can plan fun trips to visit each other.

When you can visit each other, you get to meet the people you've heard so much about and experience all the places they love. You get to have your own college experience and, sometimes, theirs, too.

5. You know they will always be a part of your life.

If you can survive going to school in different states, you've both proven that your friendship will last forever. You both care enough to make time for the other in the midst of exams, social events, and homework.

The long-distance best friend is a forever friend. While I wish I could see mine more, I wouldn't trade her for anything.