"Follow Blindly"

"Follow Blindly"

Heaven is paved in rose gold...
Alissa
Alissa
7

Heaven is paved in rose gold. Streets

lined with rows of crystals and folds

of cotton woven with clouds. Christian

law states no dogs allowed through

the pearly gates. My cats have been

more loyal than ex-boyfriends, yet

the bible states animals have no souls.

A girl lost her soul-mate to blind rage,

cancerous plague of hate, but my dad

said no soul is ever lost if the vessel

walks with God. The Pastor says the

son is the only way in. Tell me how

could you or I ever question the good

word? Our Father has already mapped

our day, pray that when the sun goes

down, the son will guide us. Don’t

ever doubt your maker. How could

my maker not carry me away the night

my trust was stolen as I slept. He has

the whole world in his hand, but didn’t

close his fist when I was trapped under

a man. A set of footprints in sand, five

fingers, ten commands. No soul is lost

if the vessel walks with God. What if...

I walk away.

Cover Image Credit: Original photo

A Letter To My Go-To Aunt

Happiness is having the best aunt in the world.
16562

I know I don't say it enough, so let me start off by saying thank you.

You'll never understand how incredibly blessed I am to have you in my life. You'll also never understand how special you are to me and how much I love you.

I can't thank you enough for countless days and nights at your house venting, and never being too busy when I need you. Thank you for the shopping days and always helping me find the best deals on the cutest clothes. For all the appointments I didn't want to go to by myself. Thank you for making two prom days and a graduation party days I could never forget. Thank you for being overprotective when it comes to the men in my life.

Most importantly, thank you for being my support system throughout the numerous highs and lows my life has brought me. Thank you for being honest even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for always keeping my feet on the ground and keeping me sane when I feel like freaking out. Thank you for always supporting whatever dream I choose to chase that day. Thank you for being a second mom. Thank you for bringing me into your family and treating me like one of your own, for making me feel special because you do not have an obligation to spend time with me.

You've been my hero and role model from the time you came into my life. You don't know how to say no when family comes to you for help. You're understanding, kind, fun, full of life and you have the biggest heart. However, you're honest and strong and sometimes a little intimidating. No matter what will always have a special place in my heart.

There is no possible way to ever thank you for every thing you have done for me and will continue to do for me. Thank you for being you.