6 Ways To Look Fly On A Dime In College

6 Ways To Look Fly On A Dime In College

You're welcome.

204
6 Ways To Look Fly On A Dime In College
Spencer Selover

Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you can't look nice. In fact, there are tons of ways to get creative and make your current wardrobe look really amazing. It's all about the plan and the execution. If you wake up in the morning and throw something together really quickly, it's going to be difficult to look put-together. However, if you plan the night before and pay attention to these details, it'll be a lot easier to maintain a stunning look in college.

1. Buttons

Replace your current buttons with the brand-new ones for a customized look.

2. Layering

Instead of wearing a simple turtleneck, add a sleek silk vest to go on top. This adds some visual interest and some depth. Instead of wearing a pair of leggings and a t-shirt, add a fun kimono on top of the t-shirt and add some heels. As you layer the different pieces, it'll help you build an outfit that looks chic, stylish and beautiful. You can even layer accessories.

3. Accessories

Accessories are extremely fun to layer. The current trends include numerous gold necklaces layered on top of one another. Consider layering long necklaces with short ones. You can also layer brooches. Find a fun bolero hat and add a few jeweled brooches in one of the corners. These small details leave a big impact. Don't forget to wear accessories like belts. Leather belts are simple and pull a look together in a classic way. Use purses as accessories as well. Whether it's a small crossbody bag or a black, leather briefcase, your bags can portray the theme you're going for.

4. Tailoring

Learn how to tailor some of your clothes. You don't need to be a professional seamstress to know how to fix a hemline or bring in a fleece fabric t-shirt. Once you customize and tailor outfits for your body, this is a dynamic way to look really nice. Head over to a thrift store when they're having a major sale and purchase a few pairs of pants for a few bucks. Tailor the pants to fit your body and they'll instantly look like designer pants.

5. Upkeep

If you have stains on your clothes, it's easy for them to look crazy. If you have strings and missing buttons, your clothes will look unkempt. In order to avoid this, always make sure you wash and take good care of all of your clothing. If some items need to be hand-washed, make sure to stay on top of those types of needs. Iron or use a steamer to get the wrinkles out of your clothes. Not only will this help you feel more prepared, it allows you to look more polished as well.

6. Grooming

You are the one wearing the clothes. If your hair and makeup are well done, that's half of the battle. Truth be told, it impacts the way your outfit looks. Make sure your nails and feet are well-manicured. These are steps you can do at home. Stay on top of shaving and those personal grooming details. When those details are taken care of, you'll be able to focus more on being your best self when you walk into a room.

No matter what you wear, confidence is the ultimate garment. When you're confident in who you are and what you look like, it'll be difficult for anyone else to look down on you or make you feel like you don't look good. When you believe you look good, others will believe it as well. You are the best teacher on how to treat you. If you are kind to yourself and bathe in confidence, others will do the same.