5 Reasons To Listen To Country At A Young Age

We all got to start somewhere

13
t4studios.com

Looking back at my childhood one of my first songs I ever listened to outside Wheels On The Bus was a famous country song by Lynard Skynard, then Tim McGraw, then Faith Hill. Ever since those songs I kept listening to all sorts of country artists when I was seven years old. My CD player (back when those were popular) had held all the power to have me sing my little country heart out. Here are some reasons I started listening to country music as young as I did.

My parents listened to it.

When I was finally able to hear and speak to my heart’s content they kept the radio outside and my kid’s songs inside. Once they felt it was right they started playing Sweet Home Alabama and had me dancing to it while holding me in their arms.

You gain meanings early.

With the lyrics starting to grow on you, your mind starts pondering what they really mean in the adult perspective. As you keep listening, your parents gain all sorts of emotions and at some point you think, “Will this be me when I’m older?”

Life is explained in most of these songs.

As you get older you start to recall all these songs you knew of when you were young and some of them you decide to listen to again. You finally realize life will consist of love, drinking and everything a person is feeling thanks to those country songs.

You feel the songs when you sing them.

Not every song has you feel the emotions right away, even singing a song the first time around is slightly difficult if you’re not used to the song yet. Once you know a country song and sing the whole song the whole way through you will know what emotions are

Once you go country you won’t go back!

In other words, even if you decide to listen to more than one genre country music will forever be a part of you. Finding that one artist or genre from the country genre to be your favorite you will forever be known as a lover of country music.

The younger you start listening to country music the better your life will be. At any age, country music will be important to you since it’s what a few generations before us first listened to. Appreciate this genre a little bit more once you read this article, it’s more important than you think.