The Five People You Meet at Concerts

The Five People You Meet at Concerts

The day is finally here. The date stamped on your ticket is the same date on your phone. You start to customize your Spotify and Pandora to get you in the mood.

4
The Five People You Meet at Concerts

After months of countdown, you can’t believe you’ll be sharing the same air as them and as fantastic as it sounds, you think just maybe, you’ll be the special concert-goer who gets to go backstage because you’re just that cool. Concert day is here. 

When you get to the concert and finally find your seats, you start to observe everyone around you, looking for excitement and kinship. You all spent an arm and a leg to be there, so naturally there must be a bond, right? From attending many different concerts, you learn quickly that there are some people you want to share this bond with and some who you DO NOT. Here are the 5 types of people you meet at concerts. 

1.    The Back-up Singer/Dancer

This person is dressed in concert gear from head to toe, and loudly belts out every single lyric down to ominous scatting. They include hand movements and mimic every single movement as if they were an extra in the music video. All of your snaps and videos of the concert have echoes of this person’s voice. They swear if they sing loud enough or dance hard enough the artist will notice them among the millions of people and ask them to continue with them on tour. If this sounds familiar, please tell me how this worked out for you.    

2.     The Concert “Bestie”

This person connects eyes with you the moment you sit down, and seals the deal with a huge smile. They scoot closer and start the friendship with a “Aren’t you just SOOOO excited to see (insert artist)!?” Depending on your personality, you could either love this, or absolutely hate it. They open up to you entirely about their concert feelings and want to hear your every waking thought. They are constantly singing in your direction and hope you’ll join in their dancing. Whether or not you shrug it off, or stay friends after the concert feel blessed someone wanted to share that moment with you.           

3.   The Inebriated Individual

This unique person can range from intense compliment giver to psycho screamer. They’ve had a little too much of whatever they fancy and want the world to know. They’re constantly dancing with a cup or a bottle, you only know that because every time the beat drops you end up with a little bit on your shirt or hair. They’re constantly screaming that they love the artist and might even slur their name, but keep doing it for the duration of the concert. They make interesting comments, that are extremely entertaining, but you wish they would quiet down at least for the sad/ serious parts of the concert. Put it this way, if you don’t end up with any bodily fluids on you from said individual, you’re lucky.  

4.     The Couple 

This is technically two people, however, they need to be highlighted since they turn their seats into a honeymoon suite. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with closeness with your boothang, especially if it’s just you two, I understand music is extremely romantic.  However, if you’re making it uncomfortable for people to look in your direction (the direction of the concert)…it’s a problem. These people will use every waking second they’re not singing to make out and grope one another regardless of how close you’re standing next to them. (Insert last sentence from #3 here)  

5.     The Best People You Will Ever Meet

These are the people you went to the concert with. You sing with each other, dance with each other, and make memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you had to trek through crowds of people holding hands in six inch- heels or protecting one another from being sucked into a mosh pit, you become instantly closer with music as your bond. When you’re reviewing all your snap stories from the night before, you hear their angelic voice loud and proud, and couldn’t be happier you shared that experience with them.