Five Drink Alternatives To Soda

Five Drink Alternatives To Soda

Trying to quit soda? Here's some soda alternatives!

For the past two years I've cut soda out of my life because of the effects it has on my health. For anyone else who is interested in doing the same, I decided to write a list of five drinks I have instead of soda.

1. Kombucha

Whether I buy it from the store, or drink the homemade Kombucha my mom makes, this drink is a great alternative to soda. It's made from a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast), sugar, and black tea. The taste is a little strong, but it satisfies my urges for carbonated drinks.

2. Zippfizz

This drink is an energy drink that I buy at Costco or order online. The preparation is super quick. All you have to do is mix it with water. Not only does Zippfizz satisfy my cravings for soda, it's also packed with vitamins and gives me energy!

3. Sparkling Water

By sparkling water I don't mean the flavored waters at the store filled with artificial sweeteners. I mean sparkling water with no artificial flavors. It's basically a lightly flavored seltzer that satisfies my cravings for carbonation, but it doesn't have any negative health effects since it's basically water.

4. Black Coffee

I know coffee without any sugar or cream isn't super tasty, but it's actually pretty healthy by itself. While the taste of black coffee can be a bit of an acquired one, I highly recommend it as an alternative source of caffeine to soda.

5. Infused Water/Tea

You can never go wrong with water-based drinks! I like to infuse water with oranges or limes, or I like to heat up water for tea. For my tea, I don't add any sugar to keep it healthy.