Five best winter day trips in Arizona

Five best winter day trips in Arizona

Visit these places and get into the holiday spirit!

3
Five best winter day trips in Arizona

For Phoenix residents, there's arguably no such thing as winter. Some of us are still getting away with wearing shorts even in the middle of November. But beautiful, cold towns with snow-covered scenery are just a few hours away! Check out these places for a fun, festive experience you can get in as little as one day.

Prescott

cdn.pixabay.com

Prescott is about two hours from downtown Phoenix, making it a short drive for such a drastic change in scenery! It's a lot colder up in this little town, and you may see snow if you go at the right time! There are tons of enchanting hiking trails to explore, and you'll likely spot some wildlife. Their town square is decorated with dazzling Christmas lights, and you'll feel like you're in the midst of a festive snow globe.

Flagstaff

upload.wikimedia.org

This one seems obvious, but so many people never actually make it up there! Check out Snowbowl and get your skiing gear ready. You'll experience thick, fresh snow, beautiful pine trees, and stunning mountain views! Plus, you can try your hand at skiing or snowboarding, whether you want to stick to the bunny slopes or skip to the highest levels.

Sedona

upload.wikimedia.org

Have you ever seen those stunning red rocks powdered with snow? It's something everyone has to see once in their lives! Even if it doesn't snow, you're sure to get frosty weather and a beautiful experience exploring all the magic Sedona has to offer. Shops, restaurants and more decorate the downtown area, and the hiking trails are like no other!

Greer

upload.wikimedia.org

I'm warning you now, Greer is freezing! But it's absolutely worth it for the charm of the town in winter. You can sled, ski, ice-skate and more! They have so many holiday activities like Santa's Greer Village Wonderland where you can enjoy some hot chocolate and meet Santa. The houses look like they came straight out of the clay towns in the Rudolph movie.

Lake Havasu City

live.staticflickr.com

Head over to Lake Havasu City for a nice, festive getaway! Every year, they hold a festival of lights right on the water! You'll see boats decked out in colorful lights and listen to jolly tunes. The parade runs from December 6-7, so plan your trip soon. And if you don't make it for the parade, there's still something magical about spending a holiday by the water.