8 Things Fitbit Fanatics Can Relate To On Their Quest To 10,000 Steps

Note to self: reach 10,000 steps by the end of the day.

434
Fitbit / Instagram

Purchasing a Fitbit seems like all fun and games until you get sucked into the lifestyle it creates. But it's never a bad thing to be extremely conscious of your personal health. It is exciting to track how active you can be in a day, and it's pretty helpful to have alarms, reminders to move, and text alerts. For those in the Fitbit community, you definitely can admit to living your life like this:

1. You walk around aimlessly to reach your 10,000 steps for the day

As you get ready for bed, you realize your numbers look a little low, so you wander around at 11:55 p.m. to reach your 10,000 steps for the day.

2. And when you reach 10,000 steps, you have to make an announcement

Reaching 10,000 steps for the day is a big accomplishment. When you feel the buzz on your wrist, you automatically smile and have to let everyone around you know that you took 10,000 steps today.

3. You cannot ignore reminders to move

It is great to have a reminder to move when your Fitbit senses that you are inactive for a while. However, you stay inactive some days to recharge yourself. When your Fitbit knows you are taking a day off, it will constantly remind you to get up, and you cannot resist the urge.

4. Competing with friends

If you were never a competitive individual, purchasing a Fitbit changes that. You love to compete against your friends in daily challenges. Even when you and your friend are across the room from one another, you tap your screen to reveal your steps and flash it over to them. If they have more steps than you do, you suddenly aren't friends anymore.

5. You check the app all the time throughout the day

Wake up, check the Fitbit app. Go to bed, check the Fitbit app. This is a serious lifestyle, and you continuously check your stats throughout the day.

6. You go crazy when your Fitbit is dead

Your day is ruined when your Fitbit runs out of battery while you are out and you cannot record your activity for the day. Your stats go to trash, and it also makes you feel lazy.

7. You realize how terrible your sleep habits are

When you wake up in the morning, you check your sleep chart immediately, only to find that you barely sleep during the night.

8. The workweek hustle suddenly becomes the most important thing in your life.

This competition allows friends to compete against one another in a challenge of daily steps. You may have other priorities, but you must reach first place!

Taking care of your own personal health is so important. Get up, get active, and make sure to reach 10,000 steps!