Why The FitBit Trend Is The Best Trend

Why The FitBit Trend Is The Best Trend

Beyond the watch.
101

I don’t know about you, but I have been obsessed with my FitBit recently. I am consistently checking my step count and heart rate throughout the day to ensure I maintain a healthy lifestyle. For the first time in my life, I feel as though I am almost completely conscious of my daily activity. Fitness is not just something that you experience while at the gym, it is a sum of your life. On walks to get the mail, around the mall, or even up and down the stairs a few times a day.

The FitBit is able to track all of this movement and record it so we are able to watch our activity rate grow and grow. FitBit consumers have started a new trend, and this one should actually stick around. The Center for Disease Control recommends the average adult walk about 8,000 steps a day. FitBit and other activity-tracking gadgets encourage we take 10,000 steps a day. There have been studies conducted that people who increase their step count to 10,000 see reduced blood pressure and increased health benefits. A few thousand extra steps may make all the difference.

FitBit has an app that allows you to view all of your fitness progress and connect with family and friends and create goals among each other. Not only does it internally encourage healthy progress but externally getting friends and family involved.