Songs to get you through the first week of college

5 Songs To Help Get You Through The First Week Of College

Let's face it, we're all likely to face some nerves as the first week of college looms over us, but music can definitely make your week better.

223

Four hours away from home, I can't say that I'm not excited to be moving to D.C. The thought of new friends, including my amazing roommates, and new classes has been enticing me for months. Yet, I also find myself apprehensive for the start of school as for once I'll be surrounded by unfamiliar faces rather than the same people I had been around for years. As I'm one to ignore most of my problems, I started listening to music to replace the angst-ridden thoughts in my head. These songs are guaranteed bops and hopefully, they can help you like they've helped me.

1. "Nothing to Regret" by Robinson

A song that may as well be an anthem for college students, Robinson's lyrics were able to settle any nerves that I may have had about starting my first week. The song helped me settle myself into thinking that as long as I lived without regrets and was happy with myself, then it would all be okay. "

2. "Level Up" by Ciara

As someone from Jersey, the distinct Jersey club beat found in the song couldn't be ignored. For me, "Level Up" is a perfect way to connect with where I'm from while also hyping myself up for the semester ahead.

3. "Young Dumb & Broke" by Khalid

While Khalid may be singing about high school kids, this song is still relatable to those in college- especially freshman. The song is nice to relax to, but it also made me think about some things. During the first semester, similar to most freshman I know that I'm bound to make some mistakes. I'm young and dumb, but I don't think that's something to apologize for. I'm ready to embrace whatever comes my way, even if I'm not always happy with the outcome.

4. "Figure This Out" by The Wrecks

During the first week of college, I expect most of my time will be spent figuring things out. Figuring out how to get to my classes. Figuring out how to not make a complete embarrassment of myself in said classes. It'll be a learning process. One that I am fully prepared to take on.

5. "Bud Like You" by AJR

Somehow I was lucky enough to be blessed with three amazing roommates. For months we've been counting down the days til our move in. If for some reason, the first week of college goes spectacularly horrible, I know that they would have my back, and vice versa. Honestly, I think the most important thing about starting college is knowing that you have a strong support system behind you. Whether this be friends or family, knowing that you're not alone definitely makes the stress of starting college ease up.