To My First Love, Please Don't Ever Stop Making My Heart Smile
relationships

If I could properly organize it I would write chapter books about you.

295
Dating
Angeles Cuevas Cervantes

Dear Nicolas Martinez,

As I sit here writing this letter I find myself starting over and over again, not really knowing where to begin from. I don't know if I should talk about our first date or go way back from that to when I first laid eyes on you. It seems like just yesterday when I wrote notes with my best friend talking about the crush I had for one of her band members.

It seems like weeks ago when I saw you at my Quinceanera too scared to say hi because I was simply awe struck. But it has been years since I scribbled my feelings about you into diaries. Three years ago you came into my life and ever since then all the feelings I would pour into pages I have poured into you.

If I could properly organize it I would write chapter books about you. Every time I see your smile my heart smiles. You have the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen. I have written poems and day dreamt of the way they shine in the darkest of times. Whenever I miss you and I am too far away I buy myself a Sprite or some Goobers and I reminisce everything we have gone through. I play the songs of your favorite band and think of the times you sang to me. I may have only attended a handful of concerts in my life but none of them compare to you playing your guitar and singing to me.

I am so lucky to have you. In just a matter of days, months, and years you have become so important in my life. We have shared so many memories. We have taken trips to cities and beaches. Built sand castles and held hands down the streets of Chicago. We have explored parks and restaurants. Ate delicious food and did piggyback ride around parks. We have spent holidays with each other's families. Participated in secret Santas and wore new years hats. We have watched soccer games. Cheered on our team and jumped in the bleachers. We have found homes for kittens. I feel like it was just yesterday when we said goodbye to every little fur baby we watched grow up.

You have such a pure heart filled with such a pure form of love. I aspire to one day love the way you do. You have made me a better person. Whenever I walk by a homeless person I always check to see if I have coins because I know you would have given them something. Whenever I see someone struggling I try to help because you always do. I always check in on everyone around me and make sure they are good. Thank you for that. Thank you for making me a better person than I was yesterday.

Thank you for everything you do for me. I notice every single little thing and I appreciate it. Whether it be picking me up from school or taking time out of your day to visit me. Thank you for calling me and listening to me for hours as I tell you about my day. Thank you for supporting me when I needed it the most.

Thank you for the car rides filled with sing-a-longs and laughs. Thank you for all of the date nights whether it be the two of us or with friends or with family. I love them all. I love that you get along with my family so well. I love that you ask to visit them willingly without me having to bring it up. I love that whenever I walk into a family event everyone asks for you. It is like we are two peas in a pod who simply go together. You are truly my soulmate in every aspect I can think.

The one person I can talk to about anything. My best friend that I can spill the beans to. You are truly an amazing human being and I am so happy that you chose me to be the one you wanted to experience love with.

I love all of you. Every strand of hair on your head. Every different laugh you have for every type of laughter it caused you. Every way you smile depending on what kind of happiness it brought you. The passion you have for music. The love you have for the people around you. The way your face lights up when you win a game whether it be physical or virtual. I have fallen in love with you in more ways than I could ever express.

This letter does no justice to the love I have for you. I have made photo albums, memory books, letters, poems, and every single thing I could to tell you I love you and every time it feels like I fall short. The words "I love you" feel so right to use but not enough to express. This letter is simply a reminder to you that I love you and I will never stop telling you and proving it.

Sincerely,

Angeles Cuevas