I Completed My First Devotional And My Eyes Were Opened

I Completed My First Devotional And It Opened My Eyes

It's a matter of the heart, because it's an integral part of who we are.

119

Let me start off by saying that I was not paid to write about the BeLoved Devotional so what you are about to read is 100% my own opinion.

I have a bad habit of starting a devotional and never finishing it because I either forget about it or I get too lazy to catch up on the days I've missed but for the first time I was able to actually finish a devotional and let me tell you; I was definitely in my feels the entire time. This is honestly one of the first devotions to where not only did it focus on my relationship with God but it also allowed for me to focus on my relationship and it allowed me to focus on my relationship with myself regardless of my relationship status. Jordan Dooley most definitely outdid herself with her 14 days BeLoved Devotional.

Each day it allowed me to focus on myself and journal at the same time which is probably why I enjoyed the devotional so much. I loved being able to have something to reflect on and journal but most of all I loved how raw and honest each day was. I expected to feel unchanged as well as unaffected but at the end of the 14-day devotional, there was an abundance of emotions that were flowing through me. At the end of this 14-day journey, I was able to learn so much about myself and what was truly holding me back in life.

This devotional was all about why I was holding back but also about it is okay to be an independent person but also how to grow within your personal relationship but also your relationship to Christ. Each day I was able to be fully vulnerable and dive deep within myself and you would think that being vulnerable is a scary thing but it honestly wasn't that bad. I learned that I should be perfectly okay with my relationship status but also I should be seeking a relationship with Christ but also seeking a relationship with a better man and I should not be settling. Each day of the devotional was a new day for me to discover a little bit of myself that I did not think I would be able to discover.

"Yes, you are broken and yes, a sinner. But you are loved so much that your brokenness is redeemable" was one of the sayings that stuck with me at the end of this journey. I honestly do recommend that every girl read this devotional especially since it's free. Yes, ladies, it's FREE! It takes no more than 10 minutes of your day but those 10 minutes could possibly change your life and how you feel about your relationship status.