I Am A Firm Believer That Everything Happens For A Reason

And I thank God for all the lessons he's taught me through this.

75
Photo by Artem Bali on Unsplash

Sometimes, life sucks.

You don't get a bid from your "dream" sorority, you don't get picked to be a member of not one, but two, elite organizations on campus, and you've been screwed over by multiple guys who think with something other than their head.

All of these events have happened to me in the last three years.

At first, the rejection really hurt. I kept wondering why bad things kept happening to me, why God was letting me get rejected time and time again.

If I had a dollar for every time I've yelled at God for not following MY plan, I'd be a millionaire... scratch that, a billionaire.

But that's where my problem was. I was so focused on the things I thought this world could give me and not focused on what the Creator of the universe could provide for me. I was so focused on MY plan that I lost sight of Him and knowing that His plan is a thousand times better than what I could ever imagine.

Even though I thought each rejection would be the end of my world, I now realize they were only the beginning of a new perspective on life.

I have learned something from each rejection, and I have grown in the process.

I have learned to not judge a book by its cover until getting to know the real heart inside first. I have learned that sometimes God holds us back because He knows we won't be able to handle adding one more thing to our already filled plate.

I believe that when God takes away one thing (or thirty!), He has something infinitely better in mind, even if we don't see it right away.

Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

We will all be rejected by worldly things, but we will never be rejected by our Heavenly Father.