7 Essentials You Won't Survive Firefly Music Festival Without

You'll want to pack light, but you cannot forget these few things in your bag when you head off to Dover this June.

25
Alexandria Nalevanko

If you haven't yet been to Firefly, I'm sure with the time approaching you're somewhat at a loss as to what you need to pack. If you have been, how much of what you brought did you actually use? Let's make a list of some things you absolutely cannot forget to pack in these next few weeks.

1. A small bag.

If you're a trend-avoider like me, you're avoiding the fanny pack like it's your life's mission. I hate to break it to you, but you may just need to succumb to the 1980's side bag. The festival is strict as to what bags are allowed, and the last thing you want is to try and carry all your stuff throughout the day. Pack a small water bottle, some snacks, and some sunscreen and you'll be set. (While we're on it, don't bring any currency into the fest... you don't need any thanks to Firefly's Apple Pay setup).

2. A small water bottle.

https://unsplash.com/photos/toRgWaZMqUQ

I mentioned putting this in your small bag, but I really need to emphasize this one. DON'T BRING THOSE GIANT COOLER BOTTLES. Seriously, you may need to refill your small bottle a few times, but that will be much better than lugging that huge jug around with you to every stage.

3. Sunscreen.

Never will you ever be too cool for some SPF 50. Getting a sunburn on the first day will seriously screw with your experience, don't risk it. Just lather up before heading to the festival for the day and make sure your friends do the same.

4. Umbrella.

Hope for sun, prepare for rain. Of course, we're all hoping for a nice suntan to take back home with us, but the weather really doesn't care what we want (Yeah, even if we spent $300 on this). Prepare for the rain by bringing an umbrella and maybe even a few beach towels to dry off with. (Free shower, anyone?)

5. Sunglasses.

A must if you actually plan on seeing your favorite artist up there on stage. If you're at a certain stage when the sun decides to linger right at eye level, good luck seeing much of anything. Unfortunately, I lost my shades the day before the festival and looked lost for three days straight.

6. Glitter.

You may be asking yourself… is glitter really considered an essential? Yes, it is. For one thing, it's just fun. Where else do you get to load yourself with glitter and have it on all of your belongings for months?

7. A positive attitude.

It might rain. The line may get long. You'll probably be hot and have a sore body the entire time. You might have forgotten your favorite bralette at home. But really… who cares? Acknowledge that everything might not be picture perfect but let it go and have an amazing time!