Is 'Fire & Fury' Problematic For The People Of The United States?

This book makes not only Trump look like an idiot, but us as well.

126

Disclaimer: I am not upset that this book was published. Actually, I am quite happy that it was, considering the contents and the hilarity behind Trump's presidency. This is just an opinion piece, and I am actually planning on ordering and reading the book once I get back to school for the semester.

I work in a college bookstore. We had two copies of 'Fire & Fury' come in: one was taken out of the manager's hands, and the other one was saved for my supervisor (and best friend, Chris).

So yes, just like every release in every bookstore, this book flew off the shelves, and I am not surprised.

If you haven't heard from basically every news network, "Fire & Fury: Inside the Trump White House" by Michael Wolff is an inside look at what exactly Trump is doing in his time in office. The book discusses what is happening inside the house (including him and his wife sleeping in separate bedrooms *scandal*), and the times leading up to it, as well as a dissection and first-hand view of who Trump is as a "president".

But enough about that here is the issue:

This book does not "Make America Great Again", it makes America look like a land of jackasses.

Look, I have not read the book because I did not manage to get my hands on the second copy in time. But, Chris is a very reliable source, and from what he has told me about just the beginning of the book, Trump did not want to win the presidency. He wanted to start a television network and used this election as a way of getting his name out there. And let's face it, this was an amazing publicity stunt. Name one week that went by where Donald Trump was not in the news for something that he had said or did...

Exactly.

Now, that being said, how did this man manage to win the presidency? He fed his racist, sexist, "promising" campaign down people's throats.

He fed to people the idea that, just because he is rich, he could fix the economy.
He led people to believe that he could fix the economy because he was economically stable. He came from a well-off family and managed to persuade people of all classes that he could lead America in the way to fame, fortune, and a popular Twitter account. But all that he has done is give the rich a tax break that they did not need.

He fed to people racism.

There are tweets dating all the way back to 2013 with things that read as follows: "Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics - a tough subject - must be discussed." (June 5, 2013). These kinds of tweets, including quotes, videos, and stories all highlight the amount of racist bigotry that is Donald J. Trump. For god sakes, this man wanted to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. And for what? Nothing. He fed into a racist, concealed part of America that the majority of the population is too embarrassed to even admit exists. But I honestly believe that anybody wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat is really just saying, "Ask me about my racist agenda".

He fed to people sexism.

People have had their lives and careers ruined over simple accusations of sexual abuse, and this man becomes the president? Seriously?

So, long story short, what does this mean for the people of America?

This book means that we elected a man as president that did not want to be president. This book means that we elected a man who influenced the dark parts of America that we try and keep hidden, and allowed him to be a representative of our country. This book means that a man who called his opponent "Crooked Hillary" throughout the whole election is our president.

This book proves the dark sides of America still exists, and are quite prominent. This book proves that we allowed one of the worst things that has happened to America to happen. I don't know what will happen for the remainder of his time in office, or the outcomes that will happen due to the publishing of this book. But just like the rest of the liberal population, all we can do is pray for an impeachment.

But regardless?

Step it up, America. We're the laughing stock of the rest of the world.