Why did I give you control?
You who warned me of your ways, and still like the first brown leaf at the start of autumn I fell.
You never once told me that you liked my smile or said I was beautiful,
Yet every time I looked in your eyes I believed for a moment that I was.
You pushed me away more times than you drew me in and yet I still was yearning for your affection.
You told me you were a "simple man", yet there was nothing simple about you.
How could I be so naive and let you have your way with me?
My screams give me nightmares.
I thought I rid myself from your unworthy clutch, and like a limp flower, I turned toward what I thought was your sunshine.
Turns out you're nothing more than a flickering fluorescent lightbulb that needs to be discarded for some actual sunlight.
You knew what you were doing and gave a second thought about it.
Your manipulation will no longer work to make me turn a blind eye.
I tell myself I am beautiful and truly believe that I am.
I found the sunlight from within myself that you could never give me.
You no longer have control over me.
I hope the next girl after me realizes sooner than I did how nice the sun feels compared to your fake light.
- Jade Homa - Remaking Poetry ›
- Rupi Kaur's Poetry Makes My Heart Sing And Heals My Soul ›
- The Irony Of A Fallen Relationship: A Poem ›
- Poetry On Odyssey: The Pleasure And Pain Of Platonic Sexual ... ›
- 8 Terrific Relationship Poems - Words To Express Relationship ... ›
- AQA Love and Relationships Poems ›
- Best Slam Poem About Relationships - YouTube ›
- A Poem of a Healthy Relationship | Poets ›
- Which 'Love and Relationships' Poems Compare Well? - YouTube ›
- 'Relationship' poems - Hello Poetry ›
- Relationship Poems - Poems For Relationship - - Poem by | Poem ... ›
- 17 Relationship Poems by Teens - Poems About Relationships & Trust ›
- My Therapist Wants to Know about My Relationship to Work by ... ›
- 31 Love Poems about Relationships - Poems for Couples ›