5 Fleece Jackets You Can Stay Cozy In This Winter

Bundle up, winter is here.
46

For my lucky friends back in Colorado, “fleece season” started in mid-July – kidding, sort of. Here in Phoenix, the weather is finally starting to cool down and that means only one thing. It’s time for the winter shopping frenzy to begin.

I tried to start off slow. Knowing I have a weak spot for warm snuggly clothes, I decided to get just one item to start. My boyfriend is already tired of me asking to wear his comfy fleece sweatshirt, so I got one for myself. And boy, was that a mistake.

And not because it wasn’t a good sweatshirt. It was a mistake because I put it on, crawled into bed, and instead of falling asleep on cotton cloud nine, I went on a fleece buying binge. As a result, here’s a list of my favorite finds so you can bundle up this winter!

1. The North Face Slacker Poncho

If I were stranded on an island for the rest of my life and could only bring 3 items, I’d bring yoga pants, an espresso machine (the power generator comes with it, right?), and this fleece poncho. The “funnel” neck keeps my neck warm in the evening breeze, and I’ve had a handful of people stop me and tell me that they love my top. I would definitely recommend getting one for yourself or a loved one!

2. Russell Athletic Fleece Hoodie

After falling in love with my boyfriend’s (and now my own) Russell Athletic sweatshirt, I decided to look into their women’s fleece collection. I ordered a cute red hoodie and I’ve been wearing it non-stop. Checking the mail? Let me put on my hoodie first. Going to the supermarket? I better grab my hoodie. It’s also been a lifesaver on my early morning runs! For the price, I’m absolutely thrilled with these finds.

3. Cuddl Duds Fleece Leggings and Hoodie

I had a good excuse now to get a second pair of Cuddl Duds leggings, and this time I got the olive ones. They keep me so comfy and warm. They are perfect as a base layer or by themselves, although I prefer to wear them for lounging around my house. Of course, once I realized that I loved the “olive night” color, it only made sense to get the matching hoodie.

4. Luxehome Fleece House Slippers

It was time to retire my old pair, and I found these fleece slippers for a great price on Amazon. They are incredibly soft and comfy, and my favorite part is the rubber soles. I can walk on my bathroom tile and wood floors and get a nice grip, so I don’t have to worry about slipping. For someone as accident prone as I am, it’s a lifesaver.

5. Patagonia Re-Tool Fleece Pullover

I wasn’t planning on blowing my entire paycheck on fleece, but this lightweight fleece pullover by Patagonia was totally worth it. It’s a slim fit but not too snug. I put it to good use in Flagstaff, AZ last weekend and it kept me warm and cozy while I relaxed in my hammock. The “kangaroo-style” pocket kept my hands out of the cold as I dozed off into bliss.

Stay Cozy My Friends

That wraps up my list of favorites from my latest winter haul! I’m going to have to give my bank account a break for a little while, but at least I’ll be warm. If you’re looking for ways to upgrade your winter wardrobe without spending a lot of money, here are 7 Ways To Ball On A Budget.