7 Things Twitter Taught Me That My $100k Education Didn't

7 Things I Learned On Twitter That My $100K Education Failed To Inform Me

My mind gets blown on the daily.

60
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8671/28083375162_ded8c8ecc3_b.jpg
https://twitter.com/iA/status/1104312774572810240

Twitter this, Twitter that, I get it. Many people have their opinions about social media applications, especially about Twitter. I'll begin with an honest story. I created a twitter well over seven years ago. During the first four years, I rarely touched it, interacted with it or engaged with the platform. Now, let's take it back to three years ago when it seemed like everyone and their mothers jumped on the Twitter bandwagon, and so did I.

Twitter provides content to make you laugh, to make you cry, to make you think, or to even make you roll your eyes. Twitter also provides an outlet to reach news sources. Many people drink their morning coffee and scroll through Twitter to stay updated with society rather than reading a magazine. It's kind of crazy if you think about it. Think about when we were growing up. Our parents sat at the kitchen table with their jumbo newspaper and their hot cup of coffee.

Now, let's talk about the things Twitter has taught us. Twitter teaches us something new every day. It teaches us lifehacks that we neither learn in school nor from our parents. Sometimes the things we see leaves us mindblown.

1. The proper way to eat a pineapple.

The caption says it all.

2. The way Vans defies gravity.

Not sure if this is useful or just a brilliant marketing technique, but it took Twitter by storm.

3. The roots of our English language.

As Kylie would say, 2019 is a year of just "realizing things".

4. The roots of our English language, part two.

I would be lying if I said my jaw didn't drop.

5. The correct way to drink these things.

This information could have been very useful on field days in elementary school.

6. Coping methods for anxiety.

I didn't wake up thinking I would learn this on Twitter today, but thank you.

7. How Pufferfish get so puffy.

Honestly, I grew up thinking they blew up from inhaling too much air. I just never realized that was impossible to do underwater until I saw this video. Thank you, Twitter.