The Key To Being An Adult Is Finding Yourself First

It is important to not lose yourself within the stress but to find yourself amongst it

34

Growing up happens so fast and can hit you like a ton of bricks sometimes. Being a senior in college, it hits you fast because soon you will be out there searching for a career that will practically set your future in stone. For some people "adulting" comes even faster for those who work right after high school and college students get a taste of "adulting" and then are thrown in after they graduate.

Times when you are struggling with payments and bills, you miss when you were a child and didn't have a care in the world, besides maybe losing your favorite toy when it is right within your eyesight. Studying and working non-stop may make you feel like you are on a never-ending merry-go-round. It feels like you are doing the same thing every day and unfortunately, that comes with being an adult. That doesn't mean you can't have fun and relive those free days because it is important to keep that part of you. Make time for yourselves and go on a hike or do something that you used to love to do; even if it is just reading a couple chapters of the book you've been meaning to get to.

Being an adult comes with a lot of expectations but every person is different and so being an adult doesn't have to mean the same thing to everyone. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't occasionally act like a child. Who cares if you want to run around screaming in the snow or paint a pretty picture. Being an adult comes with a lot of responsibilities and downsides but it also comes with upsides believe it or not.

When you are an adult you are finally starting the life that you have been dreaming about since you were little. Remember when you were in middle school and you were saying who you wanted to be when you grew up? Now you are grown up and whether you became your middle school dream, you can't deny that you finally made it. Another bonus is what comes with responsibility, comes with independence and being able to make all your own choices and focus on yourself.

When growing up you must think about yourself which is hard for a lot of people because it is easier to put people in front of ourselves. Growing up and becoming an adult is choosing your future that only you can choose. If you chose a career based on what other people want, then you will never be happy which is an adult's worst nightmare. Bills and the stress of being an adult can stop a lot of people from living the life they want to live. It is important to not lose yourself within the stress but to find yourself amongst it.

The biggest thing I learned about becoming an adult is, well, the stress of it and that money really does NOT grow on trees but also that the most important thing I can do to be successful is finding myself before I even start my future. You can't start a career or future without knowing yourself and knowing what YOU want your life to be like.

So, if there is anything to take from this article is that it's okay to not be okay about becoming an adult because it is scary and it is important to find yourself so you can be independent and take on the responsibilities. I wish you all the happiness.