5 Singers That Will Help You Find '90s Country Music

STAT.
56

Find '90s country, STAT. True '90s country will soothe the soul. Let's all admit it, today's so-called country music just isn't even on the same level of classic '90s country.

I'm sorry ladies, but your current Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line songs aren't true, pure country. Don't get me wrong, they're good, and I still listen to them sometimes, but they're no competitor to my George Strait or Shania Twain.

You can't tell me that you don't get chills down your spine when you hear Shania say, "let's go girls." Here are some '90s artists you need to add to your playlist:

1. Shania Twain

Ladies, Shania teaches us exactly how a man should treat us in "Any Man of Mine." He better walk the line, be proud of you, and even when you're ugly he still better love you.

When we're feeling revenge, she recommends some "Who's bed have your boots been under?" While we try to be our independent selves, Shania warns us that "love will get us every time." When we're feeling at our lowest, she reminds us you can only go "up" from there. Lately, Shania has been reminding us that "life is about to get good."

2. George Strait

In the case of "check yes or no," you better be checking yes that you love some George. You can't tell me that your heart just isn't "given away" to him. He reminds us to not only go to church and read the book but to look for "God today." Be sure to write this down, and take a little note. Make sure love "just comes natural." We aren't "here for a long time, we're here for a good time."

3. Alan Jackson

We can't forget the way Alan made us feel when we listen to "drive" before getting our license. "We just wanna be heard and seen" after hearing "chasing that neon rainbow." We are reminded what true love feels like after "it must be love." So, "don't rock the jukebox," play us a country song, by Alan Jackson preferably. Hey, "it's Five O'Clock somewhere."

4. Clay Walker

We feel a little risky when listening to "Fore she was momma," but hey "what's it to you?" Clay allows us to "fall" into his music after a breakup with "she won't be lonely long." But sometimes, we need to hold onto what we had when we're in love but can't see with "this woman and this man."

5. Garth Brooks

Garth reminds us to be thankful for those "unanswered prayers" in life. We need to live as "if tomorrow never comes." Be shameless when it comes to love. Always remember your roots, you'll most likely show up in boots, and you'll always have friends in low places.

6. John Michael Montgomery

We should've proceeded with caution, but we were "sold" on John Michael. We can just "love him like that." Ladies, wouldn't it be alright if we could just "be his baby tonight?" Just remember, "life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don't worry about what you don't know."

Find '90s country. It's good for the soul.