5 Ways To Survive Finals Week, As Told By Cute Doggos

Studying for exams is ruff.

189
@dogsofinstagram

Unfortunately, finals week is right around the corner and us college students are dreading it. None of us look forward to sleepless nights, cramming equations into our heads, and eating ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (well, maybe some of us enjoy the ice cream).

Since I've been in college for a while now, I think I've perfected my finals week routine and I'd like to share it with all of you (with cute doggo GIFs to help you get through this ruff time).

1. Get 8 hours of sleep EVERY night

Yes, I know that not all of us get enough sleep at night, but it is imperative to get about 7-8 hours of sleep per night. You cannot study for finals and retain information if you are sleep deprived. So get into bed, grab your dog, and snuggle all night long!

2. Take breaks in between studying

Everyone needs a break once in a while. Studying for hours on end without taking a break is not beneficial because you are exhausted and will not remember what you are studying. After an hour or so of doing work, take a 5-10 minute break and scroll through Instagram or stack dog bones like Jenga.

3. Eat healthy foods and take time to exercise

I know we all feel like eating chips and ice cream when we're studying in our beds all day but resist this temptation! Eating healthy foods and exercising will give you more energy to study for your finals and will make your body feel so good. So go for a run with your dog or maybe even do some squats together!

4. Get some fresh air

It's May: the sun is shining, the grass is green, and you are inside the library studying for your Organic Chemistry exam for 12 hours. You need to go outside and get some fresh air! Whether it's taking a short break and walking around campus, eating lunch on a bench, or frolicking in the flowers with your corgi, get out of the stuffy library and breath in the spring air.

5. Celebrate when finals are over!

When all is said and done and you ace your finals, it is time to celebrate! Whether it's going out to the bars with your friends or bingeing "Gilmore Girls" for the tenth time with your dog, take some time for yourself! Celebrate all summer long—then it's back to work in the fall. :(