How to Survive Stress During Finals

Finals is one of the most stressful times of the year for every college student. Final projects, final exams, and random last-minute projects and homework assignments are all consuming during these two weeks of December. Your GPA is the only concern. Here are some ways to take care of yourself and your health during finals season.

1. Baby yourself

This was my mom's advice. For me, this means going to bed at a reasonable hour even when there are lots of assignments and studying to do. It could be as simple as getting your favorite food or watching your favorite TV show.

2. Don't procrastinate

Make a game plan: space out your assignments/studying evenly.

3. Remind yourself it's almost over

Look forward to the relaxation that is winter break.

4. Study smarter, not harder

Take breaks. Review what you need to. Ask your friends for help.

5. Go to the gym

Get your blood moving and release some endorphins. It is scientifically proven to make you feel better.

6. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you can do it

Self-confidence can be surprisingly helpful in times of stress.

Happy studying!