This Semester Practically Broke My Will To Live

If I didn't have a life worth living, this semester would've swept me away.

1120

So this is gonna be a rant. Be prepared.

This semester started out so great. The classes I was taking were a step in the best direction for my major and minor. I would like to be a journalist one day, so I tried my hand at the journalistic writing course that's required for the major to get to the next major classes.

Now, I'm not saying it was difficult to pretend to write breaking news, but the professor made me hate my own writing. I felt like not only was my writing inadequate to become a journalist, it felt like someone was blatantly telling me that I was never going to get better.

So I continued writing the assignments and kept getting 79, 73, 80 as grades, but the submission comments were harsh and the critique was harder than I'd ever seen on any assignment. Why give me these grades if I didn't deserve them?

Did I mention that I wouldn't be able to get into any of the other classes for my major if I didn't pass journalistic writing?

On top of this, I was in a group project with only one other student. We were the group. So the group work consisted of me barely making any traction with any of my own ideas and then following what my partner wanted. It was extremely unbalanced and it felt like a constant struggle.

And finally, of course, the only class I did well in was the class that only progressed my minor's requirements.

This semester chewed me up and spit me out and still wanted me for seconds. My head has been throbbing for two weeks straight and I'm ready for a much-deserved winter break full of gourmet spiked eggnog and countless mounds of mashed potatoes.

Have a better winter break!