Finals Vs. Mercury In Retrograde

Finals Vs. Mercury In Retrograde

A serious cosmic event couldn't be happening at a worse time.

364
Finals Vs. Mercury In Retrograde
RGriffith Fanpage

As a firm believer in horoscopes and that the cosmos determine many aspects of our life, I feel as though it's my duty to you, people of the internet, that I inform you of a cosmic event that you might not even know is affecting you.

As we rotate around the Sun, we orbit, but we also spin (obviously, Kelsey how are you even in college?), but hear me out. Earth spins around and that's why we have day and night, correct? Yes, but as well as Earth spinning, the other planets do as well. Though it sounds like I'm just telling you standard facts that you already knew from elementary school, it's the basis for what I'm going to tell you next. This is where it gets a little funky.

The first planet from the Sun, Mercury, named after the Roman Messenger God is currently retrograding. This means, according to NBC News, "Mercury zips around the Sun at a faster speed than the Earth, passing us in orbit 3-4 times per year, making it seem like it's moving backward from Earth's vantage point" (NBC News, AstroTwins).

As the year comes to a close, and for most college students, with finals season and dead week coming up it's important you know that mercury retrograding can seriously throw you off track, and now especially is not the time for that to be happening.

According to the Famers Almanac, the dates that Mercury is to be retrograding is December 3rd until December 22nd. Personally, I'm very affected by this. Since Mercury is the messenger planet, communication, organization, and transportation are all affected by the cosmic event.

As well as those, I know I get some serious mood swings and lose all of my belongings, for example, I lost my only pair of earbuds which I bring with me everywhere on campus; a serious loss for someone who can't focus without them.

Anyway, if you're skeptical of this, that's completely ok, believe what you want to believe in. However, for people who think that this month's retrograde is affecting them here are some tips that I've gathered on how to stay on top of work, assignments, and deadlines, during this time.

-Do your work ahead of time so you don't have to rush to finish it.

-Invest in a planner, write down absolutely everything you have due, and have to do so you always have access to it.

-Set reminders on your phone for important dates or events.

-Make a schedule or to-do list for yourself to stay organized and know exactly what you have to do to make time for other items on the list.

A very unfortunate time to have finals, but I believe that we'll be okay. We just have to stay one step ahead